32 Boot Designer / Merchandiser
Sole Technology is a globally recognized leader in authentic action sports footwear and apparel that is available in more than 70 countries and is one of the largest private action sports companies in the World. The company’s holdings include top brands Etnies, éS , Emerica, 32 and Altamont.
Job Title: Boot Designer / Merchandiser
Reports to: Global GM
The Footwear Design and Merchandising Lead - ThirtyTwo, under the direction of General Manager, will be responsible for:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Develop technical and functional footwear concepts that are market and brand appropriate, innovative, and unique.
- Execute design projects from inception to final tech pack, including detailed functional illustrations, adhering to established seasonal timelines.
- Collaborate with Footwear Development to maintain design and functional intent as well as target cost guidelines.
- Serve as category Merchandiser, ensuring entire category is market and consumer relevant as well as supporting brand financial goals.
- Create presentation tools to communicate product line direction and facilitate interdepartmental cohesion by providing visibility to seasonal product lines and integrating feedback into development process.
- Lead touchpoint product development meetings with ThirtyTwo brand and executive teams.
- Build relationships with interdepartmental and interregional partners to nurture free-flowing communication and execute product lines supporting global brand goals.
- Collaborate with snowboard team to design and develop endorsed product and coordinate thorough field testing.
- Manage SMU and off-calendar projects with Sales departments.
- Stay knowledgeable about the act snowboarding, snowboarding mechanics, and the functional needs of both the ThirtyTwo snowboard team and end consumer.
- Provide input on seasonal brand messaging related to product, release strategies, and marketing communication.
- Work on-site with overseas vendors and travel as required.
- Present seasonal product lines at global sales meetings and demo events.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in product, industrial or technical design
- Knowledge and understanding of snowboarding mechanics related to footwear and snowboarding as a whole
- Ability to think critically, problem solve and think creatively
- 2+ years of product management experience
- Experience in the Action Sports Industry.