3d Accessories Design Intern
Vivienne Westwood Limited is looking for a 3D Accessories Design Intern to join the team at our Head Office in London.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be at the forefront of emerging technologies and luxury fashion, in the growing digital field of 3D fashion. The 3D Accessories Design Intern will assist the 3D Visualisation Artist and the wider Accessories design team. Utilising 3D technologies they will aid the design and visualisation of the accessories collection. This is a paid role for someone passionate about the future of 3D fashion. The ideal candidate will have CLO3D, Adobe, pattern cutting and fabric knowledge. Any other 3D skills are a bonus.
- Working closely with the 3D Visualisation Artist and Accessories designers on daily tasks.
- Aiding a more efficient design and sampling process through clear and interesting 3D visualisations.
- Creating digital twins of products in the collection, with a focus on Bags and Leather goods, using CLO3D.
- Producing high-quality renders and specs of products for internal and external communication.
- Drafting and amending pattern pieces in CLO3D. Importing and Exporting of DXF and Ai patterns.
- Using Adobe Photoshop to create materials and prints, and to edit photos and renders.
- Digitally re-creating fabrics, materials, prints, graphics, trims, and hardware.
- Organising of the 3D and physical archive and assets.
- Helping with wider projects which tasks can include, animation, 3D modelling, post-production, and conceptualising.
- Conducting market and trend research.
- Assisting on day-to-day function of the design room from an administrative level.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong CLO3D skills.
- Good knowledge of constructing and designing fashion and accessory products.
- Good knowledge of fabrics and materials, including sustainable and innovative fabrics.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office Tools and excellent PC skills.
- Innovative thinker with knowledge of the latest industry technologies.
- Knowledge of other 3D programmes are a bonus e.g. Cinema4D, Redshift Render, Blender, Maya, Rhino, Unreal Engine.
- Previous experience in collaborating with or working for other creatives/brands, preferably fashion related, is preferred.
- Strong technical attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic about fashion and 3D design.
- Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to prioritise.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- The capability to perform under pressure and stick to deadlines.
- Willing to learn and grow.
- A professional can-do, resourceful attitude.
Vivienne Westwood is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by local government laws.