3D Tech Designer/Pattern Maker
Royal Robbins has an opportunity for an experienced technical designer to join our team in developing world-class, trail-to-table apparel! Our ideal candidate will have women’s & men’s woven and knit experience. They will be strong in time management, organizational skills, and cross-functional relationships. They will also be a technical and subject-matter expert on 3D designs and have an opportunity to coach and develop teammates in this skill!What We Offer
When you join us at Royal Robbins, expect the following benefits:
- 401(k) retirement program with employer match
- Financial wellness program, including financial coaching and loans
- Paid Time Off
- Opportunities for medical, dental, vision, critical illness, and accident insurance
- Product discounts and access to our outdoor events
- A sustainable product and operation
- Develop fit blocks for women’s and men’s woven and knit categories in digital format
- Collaborate with technical design to review fit samples on live models
- Provide fit recommendations and digital pattern modifications
- Work with Clo3D to review initial patterns and modifications on avatars, and verify fit and balance
- Organize and maintain digital pattern files
- Mentor, train, and support technical design colleagues on all aspects of 3D and patternmaking; create educational opportunities for the team to continuously refine their technical skills
- Create 1st patterns from blocks and design sketches
- Modify patterns from fit and design updates
- You have at least 8 years’ experience in digital pattern-making and 3D software
- You can create a digital pattern, grade, and apply in 3D software
- You have a strong knowledge of fit, patterns, and construction with both stretch and specialty fabrics
- You have previously worked with a PLM system
- You are self-motivated and self-directed, with a continuous desire to grow and learn
- You work effectively across multiple teams
- You are proficient in MS office, Photoshop, Illustrator, Digital Pattern program, and 3D software Clo3D
At Royal Robbins our values are at our core. In order to create something lasting and meaningful, we focus on teamwork and a commitment to the environment and social responsibility. Our employees bring life to our values and keep us rooted in our heritage with a clear direction on where our company is headed.
As you may guess, our passion for the outdoors and an active lifestyle is shared amongst our employees, but this comes in many different shapes and sizes. Whether you are an expert mountaineer or just falling in love with the outdoors, we want to hear from you.
We are also ambitious. Our employees work hard and challenge themselves and each other. With great ambition also comes great humility and authenticity, as a team and company we are grounded, hard working and open.
Check out our core values. Does this sound aligned to your own? We are looking for you!
- Lead, don’t follow. Referred to as “Royalism” is every employee’s reminder to strive for innovation.
- Grow our people. The only way to achieve greatness is to develop people around you and Royal Robbins provides growth and development opportunities based on individual goals.
- Be outdoors. Beyond the “work/life balance” is a fulfilling life and regularly enjoying the great outdoors.
- Keep on climbing. A common Royal phrase; hit one goal, go for next!
- Nutcracker. The name of one of Royal and Liz’s first ascents in Yosemite, this marks an important evolution in climbing and a symbol for Royal Robbin’s sustainable business practices.
We were hoping you’d say so. If you fit this profile for our technical designer and pattermaker, please do not hesitate to apply now! Applications are processed on an ongoing basis and the position can be filled prior to closing. We look forward to reading your application!Fenix Outdoor and its brands, including Royal Robbins, celebrate diversity and are committed to continually striving to create and grow a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We aim to facilitate a safe, fair and kind work environment where all feel welcome and can thrive.