TJX is an exciting place to work and we count on our Associates to bring our business to life. Staying true to our open, collaborative culture and values of honesty, integrity, and treating each other with dignity and respect is a top priority for us.Job description
Half of the fun of Sierra is the thrill of the find. And the other half is putting the products to use on an actual adventure. Same with working here. It's an environment of endless possibilities, where everyone is empowered to think on their feet, evolve our processes, and embrace the many opportunities that come with the unknown.
If this sounds like you, come work with us. Come Discover Different.
Contribute To The Growth Of Your Career.
Responsible for delivering a highly satisfied customer experience proven by engaging and interacting with all customers, embodying customer experience principals and philosophy, and maintaining a clean and organized store environment. Adheres to all operational, merchandise, and loss prevention standards. May be cross-trained to work in multiple areas of the store in order to support the needs of the business.
- Role models established customer experience practices with internal and external customers
- Supports and embodies a positive store culture through honesty, integrity, and respect
- Accurately rings customer purchases/returns and counts change back to customer according to established operating procedures
- Promotes credit and loyalty programs during customer interactions
- Maintains and upholds merchandising philosophy and follows established merchandising procedures and standards
- Accurately processes and prepares merchandise for the sales floor following company procedures and standards
- Initiates and participates in store recovery as needed throughout the day
- Maintains all organizational, cleanliness, and recovery standards for the sales floor and participates in the maintenance/cleanliness of the entire store
- Provides and accepts ongoing recognition and constructive feedback
- Adheres to all labor laws, policies, and procedures
- Supports and participates in store shrink reduction goals and programs
- Participates in safety awareness and maintenance of a risk-free environment
- Performs duties as assigned
- Possesses excellent customer service skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule to support business needs
- Possesses strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Capable of balancing multiple tasks at one time
- Able to respond appropriately to changes in direction or unexpected situations
- Possesses strong communication skills
- Capable of lifting heavy objects with or without reasonable accommodation
- Works effectively with peers and supervisors to accomplish tasks
- Retail customer experience preferred
- Competitive Compensation
- Weekly Paychecks
- Associate Discount
- Career development opportunities
- TAAP - TJX Associate Assistance Programs
- Be a part of an inclusive team
- Flexible work schedules
Benefit programs and eligibility terms vary across our global locations. We encourage you to apply to learn more about how our benefits can make a difference for you.
At Sierra, we embrace the unknown - and support each other on the journey. Every day is a chance to reinvent what's possible within our stores. We're not afraid to scale mountains to Discover Different. That kind of fearless attitude extends throughout the entire TJX family, which includes TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, and Homesense.
Discover Different also means that we embrace each other's differences and unique perspectives. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Sierra Trading Post Store 0065 || 2321 Rt 66 || Ocean Township || NJ || 07712