SUMMARY: Responsible for attaining or exceeding sales and gross margin goals within assigned departments through effective planning, negotiation and purchasing of merchandise by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Acquire new, exclusive merchandise.
· Purchase highly fashionable, quality goods that represent an incredible value to our customers.
· Analyze history and current business in order to strategically forecast future opportunities.
· Maintain knowledge of market conditions regarding price, resources and fashion as they relate to trends and key items, and react accordingly to impact sales.
· Manage adequate merchandise mix.
· Maintain relationships with vendors.
· Negotiates prices and deliveries with vendors and researches alternate sources of supply.
· Work with team to plan merchandising strategies and buys.
· Monitor sales to identify top selling merchandise and determine markdowns.
· Communicate with stores on new deliveries, product information and selling trends.
· Responsible for meeting objectives and goals for the department in inventory and turnover.
· Analyzes and forecasts sales by item, trends and inventory using historical data and analytic programs.
· Provides management with item performance reports.
· Tracks slow moving and surplus merchandise and plans ways to disperse it.
· Responsible for all purchase order functions and tracking.
· Coordinate with traffic department for delivery of merchandise from vendor to distribution center.
· Communicate with warehouse seasonal plans, delivery information, receipts and purchase orders.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Merchandising or related field, 5 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS:Ability to read and understand documents such as general correspondence, department reports, OTB reports and office procedures/memos. Ability to communicate effectively with vendors and fellow associates.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to talk and hear
· Manual dexterity is required to operate computer and telephone
· Ability to travel extensively by car and airplane