Our client is a major supplier of apparels and accessories to the high street. Due to strong growth, they are now seeking an experienced designer to join their growing accessories team.
Job descriptionThe Role:
- Conduct research, analyse competition and gather customer requirements to assist in the development of product strategy. Identify gaps in the current offering
- Work with customer design teams to understand the needs of the customer with the aim to develop products to meet them
- Ensure initial samples and critical path deadlines are met
- Help in managing the product offer from factories in the far east
- Develop a good understanding of factories, mills in terms of their machinery, capabilities, prices, lead times and product offerings
- Be responsible for working with fabric mills and sourcing fabric
- Apply new printing/embellishment techniques
ProfileAccessories Designer- the person:
The ideal candidate will be:
- An experienced accessories designer with experience in both shapes and graphics (manipulation/placement), categories being hats, scarves, gloves, bags, shoes, socks, hair accessories across kids , womens' and mens' areas.
-Will have experience in commercial mainstream high street product areas
- From a supplier or a retailer with at least 2-3 years experience
If this sounds like you please apply with CV and portfolio.