Accessories Designer - Coperni
Who we are
Coperni is a Parisian ready to wear & accessories brand designed by Arnaud Vaillant and Sébastien Meyer, established in 2013.
The brand infuses a thorough knowledge of embroidery techniques, streamlined with a linear sensibility that marries origami-like technique with a neat, ‘sportif’ silhouette.
The brand name Coperni was inspired by the works of the mathematician Nicolas Copernicus, who’s research on Heliocentrism inspired the designer’s visual world.
The whole model of the movement of the solar system around the sun is what inspired the designers to produce movement and architectural structures into their designs.
Who we're looking for
The Coperni team are looking for an Accessories Designer with an excellent design skillset who will work across all accessories product categories with a strong focus on handbags and shoes.
What your day to day will look like
- Proposing new designs for Pre and Main Collections Accessories in terms of iconographic research, sketching and material sourcing
- Researching new trims and techniques
- Seasonal material research and sourcing with suppliers and external mills
- Advice and exchange with suppliers on finishings and making of the products
- Create and maintain tech packs and BOMs
- Continuously update and maintain the BOM throughout the product’s lifecycle
- Ensuring all elements of construction are correct for each piece, advising on improvements as/when needed
- Launching product to suppliers, becoming the main point of contact for all development communication
- Building and maintaining strong relationships across the supply chain
- Managing the proto sample schedule for all product, ensuring samples are delivered in time to meet all key milestones through development
- Organising material orders for sampling, ensuring materials are in the factory on time as needed
- Organising all CMT trim and material orders for sampling
- Control of trim orders and supplier allocations for SMS
- Update development trackers and make available for weekly meetings in order to ensure calendar dates and timelines are being adhered to
What you need to succeed
- 3+ years relevant design experience
- Strong experience in handbag and shoe development
- An eye for aesthetics that match Coperni’s asymmetrical artisanal style with Parisian flair
- Solid understanding of development cycles and critical paths
- Experience working with (ideally in) factories and a detailed understanding of manufacturing techniques.
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for fashion and creative industries
- Team player who takes initiative and can handle fast paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to handle multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Italian is a big plus
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)