Accessories Designer (Temporary)
vineyard vines is a highly successful, privately held, American clothing and accessory retailer founded in 1998 on Martha’s Vineyard by brothers, Shep & Ian Murray. With Shep & Ian still at the helm today, vineyard vines has experienced exponential year over year growth and now operates over 120 retail locations including an outlet division, a successful e-commerce business, domestic distribution center, and expanding corporate headquarters. In addition, vineyard vines is carried in major department stores such as Nordstrom and Bloomingdales as well as numerous specialty boutiques across the US.
vineyard vines was founded on a state of mind that Every day should feel this good.
You don’t need to be on a beach, by the ocean or on vacation to have Every day should feel this good moments. It’s a state of mind that we all experience, and one where everyone is invited. At vineyard vines, we don’t just live an #EDSFTG life away from our desks—we bring it to work with us, too.
In our stores, at our Harbor Drive headquarters or working remotely, our company culture is fun, encouraging and welcoming to all. We work hard and play harder, and we never take ourselves too seriously. And while we have many company goals, our number one priority is making vineyard vines a great place to work for all employees.
Our team is our family, and we’d never have grown to where we are today without them.
We’re committed to building an inclusive team across all channels, departments and stores within our community. We hope you’ll join us and see what the smiling pink whale is all about.
- Understand the vineyard vines aesthetic and translate it into brand relevant non-apparel product
- Work with Men’s, Women’s & Kid’s Design teams on seasonal research, market and trend research, concept building, sketching, producing CAD's and building presentations to effectively communicate creative strategy and product concepts
- Collaborate to create proprietary product designs and refresh existing product
- Oversee a team in creating innovative designs for Men’s, Women’s and Kid’s categories including bags, hats, belts, scarves, shoes, hair, small goods, socks and gifting
- Partner with cross functional divisions to achieve consistency in product across categories
- Responsible for researching global markets to identify new trends, materials
- Provide recommendations regarding seasonal themes, edits to line, new concepts, etc.
- Prepare and present concepts via sketches, materials, colors and trims
- Identify and foster 3rd party non-apparel collaboration opportunities
- Coordinate with Merchandising and Product Development for product direction, development, timelines, revisions and organizing prototypes and presentations
- Ensure timely completion of corrections and passes to Product Development
- Work with Design team colleagues to produce presentation materials that effectively communicate concepts and creative strategy
- Responsible for research on site and off, organizing and executing presentations that reflect a seasonal point of view
What you bring:
- 6+ years of design experience within Accessories
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accessories Design or equivalent
- Strong Technical Skills
- Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Skills to multitask and manage competing calendar deadlines
- The ability to set a creative tone and to inspire ideas/new concepts
- Ability to work in Stamford, CT Headquarters
- Experience managing a team
- Understanding of the brand’s aesthetic