Accessories Merchandise & Inventory Planner
The Accessories Merchandise and Inventory Planner is responsible for crafting and managing style and color level sales plans and inventory buys for all regions and channels for our client, a fast growing athletic apparel brand.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
- Using historical sales data, market trends, and sales input, develop regional, categorical, and gender demand forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation and across multiple time horizons.
- Own the buy schedule and inventory management for all of the Accessories businesses across the company.
- Coordinate and lead the S&OP process in support of the Accessories business.
- In partnership with the Category Merchandise Planners, understand and craft style level forecasts that support company growth and penetration strategies.
- Establish pre-season and hind-sighting analysis on seasons' financial and assortment performance.
- Be an efficient influencer who is intelligent with numbers, organized, proactive, and collaborative.
- Ability to work under specific timeline pressures.
- Partner with IT resources to deliver action-oriented reporting.
Educational/ Position Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Affinity for and past experience in Apparel Merchandising and Planning.
- Wholesale planning experience preferred.
- Proven ability to manage, interpret and report on financial metrics such as margin, forecast reconciliation, inventory purchase plan reconciliation, inventory turns, life cycle management and style productivity.
- Extremely proficient in Excel.
- A hands-on problem solver with a willingness work in the details and find opportunities to change process to drive efficiencies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and quickly adapt to change and new processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively across several cross functional teams.
- Proven track record in building processes in a high growth environment.