Accounts Payable Officer
Lovisa was established in April 2010 and has quickly grown to be one of the leading fast fashion jewellery retailers. We continue our focus on expanding our store network, with over 800+ stores across 33+ countries.
With no plans on slowing down with our continued expansion across the globe. At Lovisa, we are passionate, dedicated, hard-working and fun-loving team players. We are devoted to fashion, style and customer service. All team members are Lovisa ambassadors, who thrive off our Lovisa culture commitments with a can-do attitude.
Lovisa was created out of a need for current fashion jewellery at an affordable price point. The keen-eyed design team at Lovisa uses a wide range of materials and expert finishing techniques to delivery fashion forward designer jewellery and hair accessories. Lovisa is a first stop shop for the fashion forward person to get their on-trend accessories. The Lovisa customer has refined taste and understands the importance of the perfect accessory. They want designer style at ready-to-wear prices and that is what we deliver.
This role is based from our Torrance Support Centre (opposite Del Amo Shopping Mall)
Supports the Business with accurate and on-time payments to suppliers and provides excellent customer service.
The Accounts Payable Officer will be responsible for:
• Performing Accounts Payable functions for trade and sundry creditors (including overseas suppliers), ensuring that only authorised invoices are paid.
• These functions include sourcing invoice approval, coding of invoices, managing due dates to ensure no late payment fees, liaising with suppliers, and managing EFT payment runs.
• Managing Accounts mailbox and corresponding with internal and external stakeholders
• Managing Team Expense Reimbursement
• Reconciliation of supplier accounts as required
Month end duties include:
o Assistance with bank reconciliations for responsible countries and assisting with other territories where required
o Reviewing Aged Creditors listing and providing feedback on overdue amounts
• Filing of paperwork, reconciliations and other documents used in an orderly manner to enable efficient retrieval if required
• Assisting with Audit queries
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Bachelor of Commerce/Business or other related discipline (or studying towards)
• 2+ Years Accounts Payable experience working in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
• Excel – Intermediate to Advanced level
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent customer service skills
• Windows and other Microsoft office Products
• Experience in the use of finance systems (Oracle would be advantageous)
• Retail accounting experience desirable
A can do attitude with the following skills:
• The ability to respond to and prioritise competing and often urgent requests in a calm and efficient manner while also maintaining high work standards and accuracy
• Proven ability to plan, organise and deliver results on time in a fast past environment
• High attention to detail and strong analytical skills essential
• Proven ability to take initiative, solve problems and be resourceful
• An understanding of accounting principles and best practice finance systems
• Excellent oral and written communication
• A capacity and desire to support peers in the wider team
• Demonstrated understanding of Customer experience and ability to build productive relationships with both internal and external Customers
• Proven ability to thrive in a busy, hands on environment and maintain a positive, can do attitude
• Observe the Human Resource policies of the Company as varied from time to time
• Demonstrate effective levels of data analysis skills and process improvement
Enjoy these perks when you join Lovisa!
- Join a global business offering endless career opportunities locally and internationally
- Generous Product Discounts
- Health Benefits
- Social events
- Happy Birthday additional paid leave
- Succession and Progression planning
We believe in supporting diverse cultures and harnessing the unique knowledge and experience of our team. We celebrate our global presence, by supporting our culturally diverse team around the world.