Accounts Payable Officer
ZIMMERMANN has exciting career opportunity for an Accounts Payable Officer to join our finance team and support our continued growth.
About the role: Reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager, this role is responsible for verifying and processing incoming invoices, reconciling accounts, and collaborating with internal departments and external vendors to ensure efficient financial operations.
This position offers an opportunity to contribute to our financial success while developing your skills in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
As the Accounts Payable Officer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Invoice Processing: Review, verify, and process invoices from vendors, suppliers, and service providers. Ensure accuracy, correct coding, and adherence to company policies and procedures for our Australian, US and Europe accounts – this includes corporate credit card reconciliations and staff reimbursements.
- Payment Management: Prepare payment batches, including electronic funds transfers, and other payment methods. Coordinate with the finance team to ensure timely and accurate payments.
- Vendor Relations: Establish and maintain positive relationships with vendors and suppliers. Respond to vendor inquiries, resolve payment discrepancies, and address any issues or concerns.
- Expense Reconciliation: Reconcile vendor statements and other accounts to ensure accurate recording of transactions and resolve any discrepancies or outstanding items. Assist in the completion of month-end close in a timely and accurate manner
- Documentation: Maintain organised and up-to-date records of invoices, payments, and related documentation. Ensure compliance with audit standards
- Reporting: Generate and analyse accounts payable reports, including aging reports, and creditor related balance sheet reconciliations
- Process Improvement: Identify opportunities to streamline and enhance accounts payable processes, contribute to process improvements, and assist in implementing best practices.
What you will bring to the role:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar commercial finance role.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- A high level of enthusiasm and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage time efficiently, prioritise a large volume of tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Clear communication skills.
- Previous experience with AP21 (highly regarded but not essential).
Why work with us?
- Work with luxury fashion alongside a passionate and dedicated global team.
- Bespoke development plans with access to strong mentors and industry leaders.
- Ongoing Training & Development opportunities to grow your career within Zimmermann.
- Opportunity to progress your career within an Australian global luxury brand, including international opportunities.
- Generous Employee Discount.