Advertising Art Director
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
Advertising Art Director
The Advertising Art Director will work with the Creative Sr. Art Director, Copy Manager/writers and Project Manager to ensure seasonal direction, established color palettes, consistency in art direction, design and branding, as well as create a cohesive relationship between visual and written creative concepts.
- Create compelling design for print and digital assets, social media and special projects that achieves the Company's priorities of promoting immediate sales, achieving fashion and brand image goals, and appealing to customers through compelling visual storytelling
- Take vital information from creative briefs and effectively applying it into creative executions that will motivate customers to buy
- Handles multiple projects in various states of production.
- Collaborates with Creative Sr. Art Directors, Managers, Copy Writers and other team members to ensure
details of projects are on-brand, thoroughly thought out and well designed.
- Effectively communicates with Creative Sr. Manager and Project Manager to ensure project design meets the needs requested. Ensures corrections that have been requested are completed on assigned projects
- Checks projects to ensure accuracy, adequacy of selling message and creative effectiveness before submitting to senior management
- Mentor or train others to improve their creative skills
- Brand and toolkit ambassador
- Collaborates with Project Managers & Merchandisers to ensure planned apparel is creatively appropriate for the concepted layout.
- Lead brainstorm sessions and drive the team towards creative solutions with guidance and approval from leadership.
- Works on moderately complex projects with little to no oversiteCore Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design or Advertising preferred.
- 3-5 years of design, graphic arts, and production experience in retail fashion preferred.
- Ability to understand direction and feedback and keep up with tight deadlines.
- Significant experience in print, digital and current social media with proven graphic skills.
- Strong typography skills with close attention to details such as kerning and leading.
- Excellent knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles; video and gif animation a plus.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with the ability to be self-motivated and adaptive to change.
- Demonstrated creativity, aesthetic sensitivity.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong visualization skills.
- Ability to present work confidently to both colleagues and various levels of management.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, AfterEffects and other MAC based applications and design programs.
- Self-starter, organized individual with excellent communication skillsNOTE: Please submit a link to online portfolio of recent work with application.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.