Analyst, Category Management - Diamond Essentials & Jean Schlumberger Core
Tiffany & Co. is seeking a dynamic and experienced analyst, with an entrepreneurial spirit and self-starting approach, strong analytical skills and passion for jewelry to join our Category Management Diamond Essentials & Jean Schlumberger Core team. In 360-partnership with Merchandising cross-functional teams you will develop and execute the product portfolio strategies and support sales. Primary functions include supporting strategy development and presentation of the product category, providing input and executing new product development and analyzing pricing to maximize profitability. In addition, you will conduct sales analyses and regularly keep abreast of industry trends to make recommendations for opportunities.
- Own the creation and maintenance of product plans throughout various stages of development, ensuring accuracy of item detail.
- Ensure critical SKU level details within category architectures are systematically maintained and project milestones are met on a timely basis.
- Research product offerings and aid with the initiation of new product development to ensure the product strategy remains robust and competitive.
- Analyze classification, price point and sales trends to inform decisions on new product.
- Conduct competitive market research on a regular basis.
- Aid with execution and implementation of margin reviews and pricing structure strategies to ensure margin requirements are met for the formal price change process.
- Conduct analysis and gather comparable product information to inform retail, cost and margin targets as well as final retails for new products.
- Model pricing scenarios for optimization, validating pricing based on sales volume and margin drivers to inform decisions.
Lifecycle Management & Assortment Analysis
- Aid with execution and implementation of formal Lifecycle Planning reviews to achieve style count and productivity targets.
- Develop reports and presentations, such as collection trend reports and style-outs, that communicate a high-level view of new product introductions and current assortment for meetings and conferences.
- Conduct key information gathering and research as it pertains to the current assortment.
- Maintain and distribute architectures, image grids, weekly/monthly sales dashboards and competitive landscape reporting per the merchandising schedule and as needed.
- Distribute weekly, monthly and other reporting for Category Management teams as needed.
- Support communication efforts with internal cross functional teams to address and support key initiatives, category assortments, discontinuations, re-classes, pricing, new product plans and new launch strategy materials.
- Respond to branch inquiries and offer appropriate suggestions in a timely manner.
- Aid with sample management in conjunction with Inventory Control team.
- Prepare product category reviews and conference meeting materials as well as assist with other administrative tasks and projects as needed to respond to business needs.
- Respond to ad-hoc pricing needs.
- Proven ability to function effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to manage and uphold departmental standards and business direction.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Possesses overall aesthetic and design sensibility.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel) with ability to learn new software.
- Undergraduate College degree.
- 2-3 years of prior work experience. Prior Merchandising or Retail experience, preferred.
- Basic Gemstone knowledge; Graduate Gemologist a plus.
- Overall industry knowledge of luxury jewelry.
- Prior Category Management and reporting experience.
*This role operates on a hybrid schedule of 3 days in the office and 2 days remote. Please note due to business needs flexibility to be on-site 4 days a week is required.