Analyst, Global Business Services, Ecomm-Assistant Fashion Designer
What you'll do...
ELOQUII is a vertically integrated e-commerce destination for contemporary, fast fashion sizes 14-28. Acquired by Walmart in 2018, ELOQUII continues to operate as we always must bring trend-driven, feminine, polished fashion from the runways to our customers, working on a compressed design cycle and dropping new styles every week.
Reporting to the Senior Designer, this New York City, NY based position will have the opportunity to be involved in every step of the design process. This position plays an instrumental role in researching and sourcing trims and fabrics, creating and setting up tech packs, attending fittings, editing outcomes, and maintaining records and libraries. We have an "all hands on deck" mentality where sharing ideas is encouraged and everyone always pitches in no matter what the task.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is eager to learn all aspects of design and online retailing. We are fashion focused and not size focused. However, learning about this growing and important market is a rare and exciting opportunity.
As an Assistant Designer you will be supporting all categories from dresses, outerwear, tops, bottoms, knits and sweaters and will be responsible to take actions that support the design team:
- May need to create print and embellishment layouts in Adobe Illustrator and other systems
- Collaborate with tech teams during fittings by discussing design aspects such as where the neckline falls, length of garment, type of button, fit of waist, etc. Actively make changes to the design during the fittings as needed - this requires samples or patterns to be remade to revised specifications outlined by the Assistant Designer.
- Streamline design and production processes by working with production, tech design, and factories
- Communicate daily with factories regarding changes in fittings, embellishments, etc. that could impact the total cost of the garment - does not require approval from anyone to make these changes
- In partnership with their manager, provide final approval of quality samples from the factory for the garments in assigned categories
- Be responsible for your category from the design to the hand off to production with oversight from manager as needed
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field OR 2 years experience in accounting, finance, or related field OR Associate's degree in
Accounting, Finance, or related field and 1 year experience in accounting, finance, or related field.Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field and 2 years experience in accounting, finance, or related field, Doing reconciliations and journal entries, Finance/Accounting, Using basic functionality of word processing, spreadsheet, database, email and calendaring software (for example, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), Using SAP or other enterprise financial reporting systemPrimary Location...
3718 Northern Blvd Ste 530, Long Island City, NY 11101-1637, United States of America