Analyst – Omni Merchandise Planning – Women's Denim – Outlet
Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role
In this role, you will assist in the development, execution and communication of financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising, marketing, and financial objectives of a product category. The ideal candidate is curious, innovative, results-oriented, and focused on executing a best in class customer experience while delivering/exceeding financial targets. Strong analytical and storytelling skills will serve you well.
This role is based out of the NYC or SF office. Currently, job duties are being performed remotely. However, the Company may in the future require you/this role to be in the office on a full-time or part-time basis. Pursuant to Gap Inc.'s policy, all employees who wish to enter Gap Inc.'s San Francisco Bay Area, New York, and Albuquerque office buildings will need to be vaccinated, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability or for a sincerely held religious belief.
What You'll Do
- Assist in managing the financial success of a division/department or class by meeting sales, gross margin, and inventory productivity goals
- Analyze historical data and current trends. Identify risks and opportunities by division/department or class and solicit ideas for issue resolution
- Participate in formulation of preseason strategy with merchant and planner, partnering with planner in creating preseason financial sales and inventory plans by department, classes and/or style
- Develop and maintain strong, productive relationships with Planning, Merchandising, Production, and Store Operations
- Participate in projects and assignments of diverse scope
Who You Are
- Technological proficiency, including the ability or aptitude to learn technical applications, and proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Believe in the Power of Team; build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills, able to present ideas and directions that rally others to action
- Present problem analysis and recommended solutions in a creative and logical manner