Anthropologie Assistant Buyer - Accessories
Assistant Buyer - Accessories - Hair + Jewelry
OverviewAssistant buyer on hair/ jewelry category in Accessories Dept at Anthropologie. Responsible for assisting the buyer to create an exciting and timely product assortment for the retail and direct businesses that meet or exceed the sales volume and profit for the department.
- The Assistant Buyer works with the Buyer to determine the overall mix of product for each buying area to ensure that the final mix is ultimately customer oriented and curated to achieve a set profit plan.
- Supporting the daily operations within designated buying area and developing partnerships with the buyer on all necessary tasks.
- Eagerness to contribute to product development heavy classes by collaborating with buyer and vendor partners
- Working with the buyer to learn to determine the overall mix of market and private label product for each buying area to ensure the final mix is ultimately customer oriented; Working with buyer to place buys with accuracy and in timely manner
- Help to maintain accurate Buy Sheets by class/ month/ season. Ensuring all PO and style management systems + reporting are aligned and accurate.
- Entering, updating, managing, and organizing purchase orders to ensure timely delivery and quality product.
- Managing the flow of merchandise weekly and monthly by managing PO delivery timelines, dates of inventory flow, and weekly tracking.
- Setting up new vendors, and then helping to onboard them by send them routing guides, pre-ticketing information, etc.
- Prioritizing and reacting with a sense of urgency to the requests from both the merchant and cross functional teams
- Fundamental understanding of retail math; speaking to weekly and monthly business notes and reactions; seasonal vendor sales analysis.
COMMUNICATION/ CROSS FUNCTIONAL RELATIONS:
- Vocalizing opinions proactively in cross functional or larger merchant meetings
- Developing cross functional relationships with market and internal partners
- Working with merchandizing and styling teams to ensure we’re marking to big programs/ concepts, and the buy/ deliveries align with the merch cadence
- Assisting the buying team to proof digital, mailer and catalog copy.
- Ability to build and maintain productive partnerships and demonstrate strong listening, oral, and written communication skills
- Manage large magnitude of email streams across a diverse vendor database and in turn, be able to communicate and give updates to manager regarding vendor feedback.
- 2-3 years experience in buying role from a larger scale brand or company
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ANTHROPOLOGIE target customer and the ability to select the appropriate product/trend that will appeal to the customer and meet their expectations.
- Fundamental understanding of the statistical components of the business (IMU%, MD%, GM%, selloff, WOS, etc.) and the OTB.
- Exhibit a professional communication style (both verbal and written) as shown through strong presentation skills, excellent organizational skills and a high sense of urgency.
- The ability to prioritize tasks in order to balance the immediate and long term needs of the business with a high sense of urgency.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and the ability to learn new computer systems quickly and retain the information.
- Strong organization and prioritizing skills
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Detail oriented, accuracy focused
- Creative thinker and passion for customer/ product
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Technologically proficient- quick to learn and utilize systems; Proficient in Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion, Business, or a related field.
TravelSome travel required.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Urban Outfitters, Inc. celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We believe strongly in fostering a safe, fair and respectful work environment. To ensure compliance with our non-discrimination and anti-harassment policies, we offer anti-harassment training to managers and employees.