Anthropologie Assistant Buyer - Pants, Jumpsuits & Shorts
OverviewYou’ll be joining the Buying team within Pants, Jumpsuits and Shorts, offering our team key support for the buying, developing and reviewing of seasonal ranges. You’ll have key responsibilities at every stage of the process, starting from helping the Senior Buyer to formulate proposals for range restructure – considering everything from new product opportunities to original trends.
You’ll help to develop and plan commercially successful ranges, taking into account sales data, price architecture and brand DNA. As well as communicating design briefs and considering various issues such as price, quality and lead times. Analyze sales data and trends, acting quickly to identify new opportunities. You’ll also plan and manage any necessary meetings to ensure issues are quickly identified and resolved.
You’ll be responsible for accurately maintaining progress systems and ensuring critical dates and deadlines are met. You’ll also build productive relationships with external suppliers as well as provide support and development opportunities to trainees in your team.
- Highly organized, you’ll be able to proactively manage a wide range of responsibilities throughout the development process.
- Entrepreneurial and willing to ‘roll your sleeves up’ and assist with the administrative processes of buying.
- A confident and persuasive communicator and negotiator, you’ll be able to present your proposals and gather support throughout the business and at external brand partners.
- Extensive knowledge of current and potential market and fashion trends with the ability to translate them into commercially inspiring ranges.
- Able to build and maintain productive relationships with suppliers and cross functional partners. A team player, you will work collaboratively with merchandisers, designers, production, suppliers, and tech to create a commercially, creative, and successful range in a fast-paced environment.
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner.
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels.
- Ability to think creatively, strategically, and technically.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.
- Knowledge of MS Office computer programs is required.
- Numeracy / Retail Math
- Knowledge and excitement around fashion trends
Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
Potential travel to NYC
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Urban Outfitters, Inc. celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We believe strongly in fostering a safe, fair and respectful work environment. To ensure compliance with our non-discrimination and anti-harassment policies, we offer anti-harassment training to managers and employees.