Anthropologie Assistant Designer - Tabletop
OverviewThe Assistant Designer will design brand-appropriate product that fits within a season’s conceptual vision, and addresses the needs of the customer, under the supervision of the Designer/Senior Designer. The Assistant Designer will use technical knowledge and knowledge of trends, materials, design and our vendor’s capabilities, to prepare clear, detailed design briefs to be reviewed by supervisor. The Assistant Designer will bring new ideas to the team and will actively contribute to the design process.
Products to include dinnerware, serveware, glassware, kitchen & gadgets
- With the guidance of a senior designer or design director, to design products that fit within the conceptual vision and company aesthetic, while utilizing & developing your technical knowledge.
- Prepare clear and detailed design brief packages and amendments (including technical drawings, color, trim, finish, material direction, and technique reference) for product development, under the guidance of manager.
- Attend and contribute to proto reviews, finalizations and design meetings on an as-needed basis.
- Continually work to champion the brand vision and to have a solid understanding of the customer
- Be inspired (visiting/exploring museums, shows, designers, artists, etc.)
- Manage multiple projects at all times
- Contribute product ideas, tears and technique reference, to fit within the line plan
- Maintain knowledge of trends, our competition and the market. Share interesting finds with team.
- Be responsible for interpreting a season’s concept, color direction, and apply them to the products you are designing.
- Work with design director on seasonal trend and concept presentations as needed.
- Support interns, new and junior team members as needed
- Travel domestically as needed and report back to team (store visits, trade shows, domestic inspiration, etc.)
- Proficient in computer programs (Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop)
- 3D Hand sketching and artistic ability
- Print and surface pattern design
- Understanding of hard materials (ceramics, metals, resins, etc)
- Active seeker of knowledge and self-starter
- Keen ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to support all team members; seeks out new ways to help/support more senior members of team, and mentors more junior members of team, while leading by example.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
Bachelor’s Degree in Surface Design, Product Design, Sculpture or a related field
TravelSome travel may be required.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.