Anthropologie Associate Designer- Fabric & Textiles Development
Associate Designer- Fabric Concept & Textiles
OverviewTo contribute to the creation and overall trend for designs each season across all apparel categories. To ensure that designs and resulting product are appropriate for the specific Anthropologie brand.
- Textile + Embroidery Design
- Research emerging pattern trends and inspiration as they relate to Anthropologie product
- Collaborate with the Fabric Director to develop conceptual direction for the total product assortment
- Design original artworks and repeat layouts appropriate to concept direction and designs needs.
- Manage the artwork process with design team from creation to approval
- Managing daily workflow and weekly deadlines
- Collaborate with sourcing partners to ensure technical execution of artworks
- Offer range of color options for artworks according to trends and seasonal palettes
- Review handlooms and make comments as needed
- Concept + Research
- Seasonally research fabric trends by type and format sourcing packs.
- Work with Fabric Director to put together a large format seasonal presentation to the brand
- Attend mill appointments and fabric shows on behalf of the brand
- Market and vintage shop as needed
- Dye/wash concept fabrics to contribute to overall aesthetic of boards
- Pull, assort, and curate fabric assortments to complement each seasons trends + concepts
- Highly creative with the ability to recognize and forecast fashion and cultural trends as they relate to the Anthropologie customer
- Technical knowledge of embroidery, yarn dye and jacquard technique’s as well as fabric base knowledge in order to successfully create artworks.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask in fast paced environment and meet deadlines
- Energetic team player with strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with partners from Sourcing and Design.
- Expert hand drawling skills and color sense
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design. Ned Graphics a plus.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in textile design, concept or related field
Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or Textiles
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.