Anthropologie: Design Intern - Apparel
Each summer URBN Inc. welcomes candidates from across the country to immerse themselves within various teams across our portfolio of brands and gain hands-on learning experience in the area of business which they choose to pursue. For 10 weeks, interns will share in the unique culture & perks found at our Home Office in the historic Philadelphia Navy Yard, while developing the skills to succeed in a fast-paced retail environment. Our paid internship program also offers a summer full of intern focused events including exposure to our senior leadership across the business in small group settings, insight into company initiatives, off-site field trips & for those qualified a chance to interview for a full-time job opportunity. See for yourself what our past & present interns are up to@urbnearlycareers
The URBN 2023 Summer Internship Program will run from 6/5 through 8/11 at our Home Office in Philadelphia, PA.
Urban Outfitters, Inc. celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.OverviewYou are innovative, inventive, artistic & detail orientedOur design intern will utilize hand sketching skills & the ability to communicate design ideas via CAD to assist in the development of product.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Organizations of samples and trims
- Assist with sketching, CAD, draping, fabric and fittings
- Set up and maintenance of design books
- Communicate & collaborate with partners in Merchandising, Buying, Production & Design
- Trend research and concept board creation
- Partnership with overseas factories and PD/Sourcing teams for shipping and working calendar
- Strong sketching abilities via hand & CAD
- Proven ability to recognize, research and report on industry trend direction, color direction, and fabric innovations approximately 9-12 months ahead of season & as they relate to the target customer
- Creative mindset capable of responding to business objectives with creative, innovative, and cost-effective design solutions
- Please link or attach a design portfolio or design work samples to your application.
Summer Internship Program Application Process:
- Apply to one (1) internship posting that best suits your interest & skills. If there is a project component in the application (see above), it is required that you submit this to be considered for a position.
- Complete HireVue: Candidates selected will receive an email with a link to complete a HireVue Video Interview. You will have 2 days to complete this portion of the application once the email is received.
- Interviews will be scheduled with our internal teams, continuing on a rolling basis.
Don’t forget to check outurbn.com/internships
on Instagram to learn more!