Anthropologie Merchandise Assistant - Décor
Merchandise Assistant - Lighting / Wall Décor
Overview:As a Merchandise Assistant (MA), you will support the daily operational functions within your designated buying area; support the buying team in managing the overall merchandise flow. You will also learn to develop key cross functional relationships with both the market and internal partners: distribution center, design, and production. The MA is also responsible for partnering with the Buyer and/or Associate Buyer on all necessary tasks.
- Own web turnover: Manage web photo sample request process
- Support product development process through sample management
- Request presentation samples of all items on order(for PR, web photo, meetings) and ensure they are timely, organized, prioritized and present upon request/ problems with availability are addressed pro-actively or immediately
- Responsible for all tracking, shipping and receiving including returning samples to vendors in a timely manner
- Accurately and efficiently communicate changes/ updates to cross functional teams and critical partners
- Ability to balance/understand priorities for sample needs
- Conduct weekly web audit to ensure all styles and colors are activated, look for issues/ errors, read customer reviews and report back to team in internal Monday morning meeting
- Become an expert in your product assortment and a source of information for team on product launches and sample locations
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude
- Attention to detail and follow-through projects to completion
- Ability to multi-task, organize and problem-solve
- Manage meeting requests, as well as provide agendas/ recaps
- Develop well thought out comments and opinions using both POV and data to contribute to business meetings (product reviews, customer feedback etc.)
- Suggests opportunities for process improvement, greater organization or efficiency
- Display the ability to find work and offers to help teammates during down time or crunch time
- Remain flexible as team priorities shift
- Must exhibit strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail Oriented Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment with sense of urgency
- An understanding of the customer's wants and needs and the ability to identify the appropriate product/trend that will appeal to the customer and meet their expectations.
- Ability to prioritize projects and handle multiple tasks.
- Must demonstrate creative thinking.
- Rudimentary understanding of retail math
- 1-2 Years retail experience or internship.
Bachelor's degree is preferred
Travel:Some travel required
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Urban Outfitters, Inc. celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We believe strongly in fostering a safe, fair and respectful work environment. To ensure compliance with our non-discrimination and anti-harassment policies, we offer anti-harassment training to managers and employees.