Anthropologie Merchandise Planner
To maximize sales by developing sound merchandise plans that support Company goals for sales, turn and margin.
- Ensure the financial success of one or more departments by meeting or exceeding sales, gross margin, and inventory turn goals
- Formulate guidelines for style and customer choices (style OTB) based on business analysis
- Provide the buyer with purchase quantification of styles in order to maximize sales and inventory levels
- Monitor and evaluate sales of current styles on a weekly basis, partnering with the buyer and the Divisional Planner to effectively manage receipts and inventory
- Identify inventory levels needed to support the rate of sale and the markdown strategy for a merchandise area based on sell-through percent, WOS, and planned product life span
- Develop style-level plans based on current forecast, historic trend and test information for key items
- Analyze and revise the financial strategy for current trend or actual performance on a monthly basis to maximize sales and profitability.
- Develop markdown strategy for a merchandise area based on sell-through percent and planned product life span. This includes both redlines and promotional strategies in stores
- Conduct color-level planning based on the inventory need to support rate of sale, store presentation, targeted sell-through percent, and the current risk parameters and historical trends (long range goal)
- Develop entrance and exit strategies for styles
- Work in synergy with Buyer and Allocation Analyst toward common goals for the merchandise area. Look to Divisional Planner for guidance on all areas of responsibility. Divisional Planner and DMM are considered to be the leadership team for each division.
- Five or more years of experience in a Planning or Allocation Analysis role. Some experience in buying or store management is a plus.
- Expert command of retail math concepts and applications
- Strong statistical analysis skills
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational, prioritizing and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Technical skill proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
Bachelor's in Finance or Business related degree preferred
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.