Anthropologie Senior Pattern Maker
Pattern Department Senior Manager
SupervisesAs directed by Manager
OverviewBrand or category specific business leader that facilitates and executes Design’s vision by providing the appropriate fit, quality, and construction that are targeted to the consumer and end use while supporting the business requirements. Responsible to trouble shoot any issues such as fit, construction, and quality control. Takes full ownership of styles and sets a positive example for their team. Collaborates with the Technical Design Manager to support needs and expectations of the Tech area. Lead role in training personnel within their brand or category in all areas of Technical Design (TD). Promotes the development of team members through supervision and training.
- Develop an understanding of each brands customer and aesthetic.
- Build relationships and clear communication with cross functional team members, such as Design and Technical Design. Clear and productive communication
- Create styles to meet expectations for Designers style and Technical Design fit. Simultaneously making production friendly and cost conscience construction.
- Provide guidance to Design and TD to generate creative solutions or potential concerns with design or fit intentions
- Responsible to maintain accurate and readily available records and reports.
- Advanced ability to develop blocks and patterns using well established textbook pattern making methods and convert them into stylized blocks that suit the brand’s aesthetic and fit.
- Strong knowledge base of garment construction, and manufacturing including factory machinery, procedures and methods within their category
- Ability to understand and train cost cutting methods to technical staff so to be consistently used in style development.
- Prioritize and delegate effectively.
- Work in/with cross-functional teams.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external parties.
- Pro-actively approach problem solving.
- Decision maker.
- Implement operational efficiencies.
- Adapt quickly to changes.
- Proficient in a PLM system. WebPDM experience a plus.
- Driven by deadlines with a high sense of urgency.
- Ability to understand and fully incorporate the brand’s aesthetic.
Minimum of 8 years experience in Technical design which can include up to 4 years of factory production experience and/or production pattern making.
EducationBachelors or Associate degree in an apparel related field a plus.