Anthropologie Visual Merchandising Manager
The Visual Merchandising Manager directs the merchandising, product flow, and display while supporting daily store operations to create an inspiring and dynamic experience for the customer.
- Partners with store leadership in managing product flow and visual execution while empowering the team to prioritize the customer
- Takes a forward-thinking approach to the customer experience, in-store marketing, merchandising, and fostering a creative community to drive sales and create a compelling store environment
- Mentors the team to provide a frictionless customer experience by utilizing technology to transact in the moment; prioritizes omni services through all channels to exceed customer expectations
Leadership + Team Management
- Promotes an inclusive environment by representing and amplifying all voices, actively seeking and advocating different perspectives
- Sets clear objectives and expectations by coaching team members on analysis of business related to visual presentation to achieve department sales goals
- Supports the Store Manager in identifying and onboarding external talent; invests in internal employee engagement to retain a diverse team and fuel internal growth
- Utilizes brand resources to teach standards of product flow and merchandising; develops teams’ product knowledge to appeal to the local customer
Visual + Business Operations
- Manages the visual direction from planning through execution to meet Company expectations, budgets, and timeline while strategizing according to individual store characteristics
- Assesses store business using Company reporting tools to identify merchant opportunities within product placement, outfitting, and stock levels
- Plans and owns an effective shipment process utilizing reporting and business analysis to maximize new product placement on the floor and in back of house; creates strategies for replenishment and recovery of sell-through and markdowns
- Contributes to a customer-first philosophy flexing schedule to the needs of the business and supporting operations and zone coverage as needed
Communication + Relationships
- Provides global product and visual feedback to Store Manager and District Manager; submits store environment photos to highlight merchandising and display updates
- Checks in with leadership to maintain communication and ensure completion of store directives and projects
- Embraces a culture of development by protecting time with direct reports and consistently delivering feedback for individual personal growth and succession planning
- Contributes to positive team morale through brand and store initiatives such as the SPARKED Journal, employee recognition, and team building activities
- Anthro brand fan
- 3+ years store visual merchandising and leadership experience
- Strong merchant skills and a history of delivering financial results
- Experience with floor planning
- Proven record of developing great talent
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the store including nights, weekends, and holidays
Wage Transparency: To view information related to various state-specific wage transparency laws, click here. Please also note, if a full-time role is eligible to participate in the Company’s Monthly Store Incentive bonus program, this may result in bringing the total compensation to a higher range.
Benefits + Perks: We offer one of the best and most comprehensive wellness benefits in the retail industry, click here to learn more.
Los Angeles City applicants click here and San Francisco applicants click here to view Fair Chance Ordinance.
Urban Outfitters, Inc. celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression), religion, creed, age, physical or mental disability, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. We believe strongly in fostering a safe, fair and respectful work environment. To ensure compliance with our non-discrimination and anti-harassment policies, we offer anti-harassment training to managers and employees.