Apparel & Accessories Designer
Are you a trained apparel designer with a portfolio of exceptional product?
Do you have a passion for the Outdoors and love building functional, durable, premium outdoor apparel & accessories?
Come join our Mountain Khakis brand, based out of Charlotte, North Carolina) - please note this is not a remote opportunity, the successful candidate will be in a hybrid design studio with our Product Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Strict adherence to the C2C Calendar, ensuring that you are organized and able to complete your goals and objectives on time.
2. Exceptional ability to apply and perform design skills, including drawing, sketching, concept ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing and scale across a well merchandised and organized seasonal collection.
3. Ability to draw technical sketches, create CADs and BOMs, working thru our PLM tool.
4. Ability to creatively find unique ways, through design language, to elevate the Mountain Khakis product line as we differentiate ourselves through the competition.
5. Create a cohesive seasonal collection including color palette and design/trend inspiration boards.
6. Ability to stay connected with fabric trends and innovation as we create interest and enhanced features and benefits through integration into our products.
7. Ability to present the collection to internal and external stakeholders, internal meetings, trade-shows and sales conferences. You will be asked to travel nationally to attend our shows!
8. Ability to apply trims and branding across the collection as collaboratively agreed between the designer and creative department.
9. Design & executing against the seasonal line plan – designing to special MSRPs and IGP’s as outlined and approved by the Director of Merchandising.
10. Working along side our technical designer to ensure that your products are executed according to the vision and direction of the brand and your designs.
11. Working along side the Director of Merchandising and Production Assistant to fully execute product from concept thru bulk delivery.
12. Collaborating with our vendor partner to develop product and source fabric and trim.
13. An open minded and positive collaborator. A clear and consistent communicator.
- A trained designer with a proven track record of exceptional design work
- Organization & time management
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Comprehensive understanding of garment construction and textiles
- A keen eye for detail and a thorough approach to your work