SNIPES Apparel Buyer
We live sneakers, streetwear, and neighborhood culture! All Day! Every Day!
It’s an exciting time to be part of our growing retail company, with US headquarters in Philadelphia, PA. SNIPES is a global sneaker and streetwear retailer with almost 400 doors in Europe and over 300 doors in the US. Key brands include Nike, Jordan, Adidas, Puma, Timberland and UGGs. Our mission is to move street culture forward through our communities.
To achieve this mission, we operate as an “entertainment company with a little bit of retail”. Our customer journey starts in our communities where we support, empower, and celebrate in order to earn the right to do business there. We are deeply engrained in our neighborhoods and work with many local partners to provide experiences and tell our stories – be it at food drives, music festivals, skate tournaments, dance contests, basketball games, or in one of our 700 state-of-the-art doors. To ensure our stories have reach, we also regularly work with global partners such as our Chief Creative Office DJ Khaled, Snoop Dogg, Rick Ross, or brands such as Sony PlayStation and Sprite.
We entered the US market in 2019 through two acquisitions and have been extremely well-received by our communities, customers, and brand partners. We completed our third acquisition at the end of 2021, and in March 2022 acquired a fourth company in the US. We are geared up to invest more in our communities, our brand, and points of sale to unlock further growth across the US.
Overview: Responsible for the merchandise strategy and product assortments that enable the achievement of financial plans, and owner of vendor relationship. Decision making, planning and leadership are key aspects of a retail buyer's job.
- Develops strategic vision of department integrating customer insight, competitive information, market intelligence, sales and fashion trends, fashion intuition and product distortion to maximize sales and profit.
- Analyze consumer buying patterns and predict future trends.
- Develop category strategy. Identifies key categories/items and distorts them to focus on driving newness, sales, and fashion penetration.
- Get feedback from customers by communicating with market consultants to seek current trends and competitor activities.
- Regularly review purchase order reports, styles sold reports, vendor reports, and open to buy plans. Write purchase order's and forecast sales levels. Manage plan vs. actual sales plans with finance and inventory levels with planner/allocator.
- Make adjustments to future purchase order's, at once top sellers and evaluate markdowns. Run styles sold reports for vendors to review top sellers/slow sellers with vendors.
- Maintain relationships with existing vendors and create new vendor partnerships.
- Communicate with other departments to ensure all tasks are completed for all activities involving the stores, ecommerce, and warehouse.
- Attend trade shows to find new trends.
- Communicates expectations to vendors, holds them accountable for the execution and results of production; provides commitments to vendors, timelines (including sample deadlines); understands work in progress and status of production.
- Product planning and forecasting for private labels. Communicate and direct graphic artist for private label trends and designs.
- Requires five plus years of progressive success managing merchandise for a specialty retailer.
- Ethical standards and personal integrity required.
- Product development experience.
- A successful track record and a reputation of exceeding performance expectations. Flexibility to conduct domestic business travel and trade shows.
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to prioritize to meet conflicting objectives.
- Confident and professional presence.
- Clear, concise and direct communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills with the ability to establish cross-functional multi-level relationships.
- Ability to deal with rapidly changing organization issues.
- Ability to lead a team and contribute to the development of “A” talent.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of personal accountability.
Cultural Success Factors
- Enthusiasm for the brand
- Consumer Obsessed
- Innovative Mindset
- Collaborative nature
- Skillful communicator
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Disciplined and self-motivated
Benefits with SNIPES
- Generous Employee Discount
- Paid Holidays
- Summer Hours
- Hybrid work schedule
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Bonus Plan
- Affordable Health Insurance
- Retirement Contributions
Snipes USA and all its subsidiary Companies are equal opportunity employers. We will not discriminate or make hiring decisions based on race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other criteria that would violate any Federal or State laws