Apparel Color Designer I, Global Sports Apparel - Tennis
What you bring
- TO BE CONSIDERED, YOU MUST INCLUDE A PORTFOLIO OR WORK SAMPLES WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of relevant education, experience, and training
- Minimum 5 years' technically challenging color design experience
- Understanding of color trends, color mixing, color compatibility, and color placement
- Knowledge of product design and development process
- Familiarity with product manufacturing processes including: materials/fabrics; plastics; pigments
- Strong verbal, written, visual, and high-profile communication skills in local market language, including meeting facilitation and presentations
- Ability to understand challenges or underlying concerns, share ideas and develop effective responses or elevate to higher management
- Ability to work independently and harmoniously in a diverse group
- Ability to network, influence and utilize internal and external resources
- Ability to articulate how color can affect product and sales
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a talented Color Designer, who has a deep passion for evolving the world of sport through creative expression! We want someone with a variety of life and creative experiences, someone who is curious, who wants to think and dream big. A designer who loves to collaborate and problem solve, who understands it’s about “we not me”. Someone who has the ability to comfortably navigate ambiguity by defining new spaces of a growing team, and someone who is flexible and can adapt to changing priorities.
As an Apparel Color Designer I at Nike, you will be tasked with elevating the Nike product experience with a focus on both the art & science of Color. In this role, you will drive an emotional connection to color for the athlete and sport through the use of strategy and storytelling. The Color Designer I brings to life trend-relevant, sport right, and athlete right color direction on a seasonal basis. You will be a color specialist at several levels- crafting narratives, helping to strategize a direction and implementing that strategy at the product and detail level. This will require driving color excellence through collaboration with design, business, sports marketing, development and manufacturing. You will bring a deep understanding and connection to sport, and have experience building stories that connect with both the athlete and the consumer.
The Apparel Color Designer I helps set color strategy and color product application by utilizing a variety of skills which include a strong understanding of sport, the athlete, the ability to look at color strategy as it relates to the greater brand as well as technical skills in color technology and how to achieve desired color effects: materials, dyes, finishes and color achievability. Working directly with design leadership, you’ll gain dynamic leadership experience, enhance design skills, and increase expertise of Nike's design philosophy, products, and processes. As Color Designer I, you will know color trends, fashion, art, design and sports-related products through research and travel.
What you will work on
As our Color Designer I, you will develop color palettes to link into seasonal narratives and sport identities, build strong presentation tools, and color lineart to detail the creation of each product. You will research and deliver color, design, market & lifestyle trends that influence and impact the product aesthetic, application, and target audience. You'll use sophisticated design skills to build original, innovative, sport relevant color solutions for GSA product.
Who you will work with
The first point of contact that you will collaborate with is the Design Triad, consisting of Apparel, Color, Graphics, and Print Design. Layering in Sports Marketing, Merchandising, Color/Material/Trim Development, as well as Tech Development.