Apparel Design - 2023 Summer Intern
At DICK’S Sporting Goods, interns have the opportunity to work with and learn from the leaders of a growing Fortune 400 company. DICK’S Sporting Goods is returning to campus this year; to recruit, train and develop top collegiate talent into well-rounded design interns.
During the 11-week summer experience, interns will take on meaningful work assignments and make tangible contributions to the organization’s success. This structured and well-organized program provides on-the-job training, classroom instruction, cross-functional departmental exposure and an end-of-program project presentation.
Interns are assigned to a training manager within Product Development – primarily in Athletic Apparel design. Potential areas of placement include Calia, VRST, DSG, Alpine Design, Walter Hagen, Slazenger, and more.
Apparel Design Internship:
Interns will be responsible for assisting in the design & development of processes. Additional responsibilities include helping to develop themes, color, fabrications, silhouettes, & mood for upcoming season, as well as working with manufacturers to develop original textiles & patterns.
• Supports Designer in the creation and execution of product assortments and adheres to the Time & Action Calendar
• Conducts raw material research and fabric / trim market research. Able to draw flat sketches & fashion sketches
• Communicates with vendors & follow through on sample development
• Build/update seasonal product/trend/color boards and CADs. Assist in building the tools to communicate the designers vision at a store/fixture level
• Assists in managing PLM database for tech packs
• Assists in room set up for product presentations
Some of your experiences will include:
• Multi-day intern orientation to introduce you to the company, the program, Pittsburgh, and your classmates
• Professional development workshops designed to increase your knowledge of the company and the retail industry, as well as develop their business acumen and office professionalism
• Extensive exposure to our senior leadership through our exclusive intern only Executive Speaker Series which includes a meet & greet with our CEO
• Opportunities to “live the brand” and experience summer fun outside the office through various events
• Fully furnished summer housing is provided for interns who reside outside of the Metro Pittsburgh area or stipend for local interns
• Working a 40 hour work week, Monday – Friday