Apparel Design Assistant
REV UP Brands is a global dancewear and costume retailer, designing and distributing to dancers of every ability all over the world. Our US brand, Revolution Dancewear opened its doors in 1996, and has differentiated itself with its deep and loyal relationships with dance studios throughout the United States and Canada.
The Design Assistant’s primary responsibility is to facilitate the design development process, assisting in the creation of the most preferred costumes and dancewear in the industry. We are looking for dependable and organized, task-oriented individual to assist in bringing the vision of our brands to life.
- The Design Assistant will support facilitation for all aspects of design: from initial concept to final development of product
- Assist in providing design/concept boards to communicate research findings on design, trend and consumer needs for dance costumes & apparel through a dance lens to offer new design ideas.
- Create detailed technical drawings to communicate design concepts for sample development.
- Organize and manage the movement of sample fabrics, trims, and garments between teams.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Technical Design and Sourcing to ensure accurate and timely sample development and that product design and materials meet quality and price meet objectives.
- Input and modify design specifications for each sample ensuring details are accurate, continually updating construction details, sketches, and fabrication/color/trim information within the BOM.
- Attend fit reviews and production size runs with Technical Design team to ensure quality and fit meets design standards and overall brand objectives.
- Work closely and assist Senior Design staff through concept, design, and presentation to execute product designs.
- The Design Assistant will have 1-3 years of design experience earned through job experience and/or relevant internships. Bachelor’s degree in apparel design or closely related field preferred.
- A deep passion and interest in the world of dance strongly preferred
- Good working knowledge of fabrics, construction, and fit standards, experience and working knowledge of activewear and stretch fabrics required
- PLM software experience a plus
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities and assignments, managing multiple brands and various projects at once.
- Close attention to detail, ability to work on complex projects independently, exceptional organizational skills required
Revolution offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, critical illness, 401k with employer match and paid time off.