Apparel Design Assistant
Miller International, Inc., designer of Cinch® and Cruel® has an immediate opening for an organized, detail-oriented, and positive team player to join our Apparel Design department, as our newest Apparel Design Assistant in our Denver, CO office.
Our employees have the opportunity to work in a fun, casual, laid back atmosphere. If you have a base amount of Design experience or educational background, then this is your opportunity to be a part of something great! We want to hear from you if you possess the following skills, abilities, and qualifications:
Salary Range: $40,000-$47,000
This is not a graphic design position
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables you to get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Assists in designing product lines and creating original art work for new fabrics, screen print graphics and various trim items.
- Facilitates the preparation of design specification sheets and ensures product design package is complete, accurate and handed off to appropriate team members on time.
- Contributes to conceptualization and implementation of the line; communicates effectively to ensure product execution according to design intent.
- Assists with the preparation of the presentation boards as needed.
- Attends fittings and meetings as required and provides input/feedback as necessary.
- Ensures calendar due dates are met for all new product development.
- Works in an organized manner and displays a sense of urgency with the ability to meet deadlines, often under the pressure of timelines.
Qualifications- to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience– Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university with an emphasis in Fashion Design or equivalent, and one to two years related experience and/or practical training.
- Computer Skills-Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign); Kaledo is a plus!
- Language Skills-Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills-Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability-Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Other Qualifications-Strong sense of style, fabric and color knowledge. Creative and innovative design and conceptualization ability. Strong understanding of fit and construction of garments. Self starter, self-motivated.
- Having western/ag industry knowledge or experience is a plus!!!
We offer competitive pay. We also pride ourselves on a spectacular benefits package and generous Paid Time Off plan. In short, the Company firmly believes in the importance of maintaining a proper work-life balance. Qualified applicants should submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements.