Apparel Design Intern
As a Summer Intern with the Apparel Design department, you will assist the Designer in the creative execution of product.
10 Week program, June 15th - August 18th
Onsite 3 days a week at our Seattle Headquarters
Position pays $18 per hourJob ResponsibilitiesCore Accountabilities:
- Assists in research of seasonal trends, themes, colors, raw materials, styling and trims.
- Participates in Design conversations regarding styling, fabric, color, pattern work, trims and fit.
- Assists in preparations and presentation materials for Color & Concept, Line Presentation, and other presentation meetings.
- Initiates textile design set up and follows through on pattern work execution.
- Attends fit sessions and makes Design comments.
- Assists with selection of trims, materials, and colorways.
- Assists Designer in developing and updating technical sketches.
- Communicate design details and revisions to cross functional team while maintaining accurate records and entry into systems.
- Supports Sr. Designer's and Design Director as needed.
- Junior or Senior in Apparel or Fashion Design degree program.
- Working knowledge of garment construction and measurements.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Excel, Word.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are required by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; as well as reach with hands and arms.
- The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in open environment with fluctuating temperatures and standard lighting.
- Ability to work on computer and mobile phone for multiple hours; with frequent interruptions.
- Required to travel in elevator or stairwells to attend meetings and engage with associates on multiple floors throughout building.
- Hotel, Airplane, and Car Travel Required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the role.