Apparel Design Intern
Whether you're looking to jump start your career or gain first hands-on experience in a new field, an internship at On offers you a unique growth experience, the chance to make an impact from day 1 and contribute to On's growth journey. We are looking for fresh ideas, curious minds and passionate individuals ready to make a difference. Our internships generally last 6 months and you will be fully embedded in a team.
- Start date: April 1st, 2024
- Duration: 6 months
- Prerequisite: Interest in area relevant to the internship, passion for On, right to work in EU / Switzerland
- Note: This is a paid internship
We are excited to offer the opportunity to join our Apparel Design team for a 6 months internship. You will collaborate with experienced professionals from various teams, bringing a fresh perspective to the development of our collections.
As an intern, you will have the opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of the needs of our athletes, as well as learn how we develop our Train, Sports lifestyle, Tennis and Outdoor product categories.
We are looking for a passionate, creative, and innovative individual with a keen eye for design and trends. If you thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment and are eager to gain valuable experience in the sportswear industry, this internship is the perfect opportunity for you to kickstart your career.
- To support the development of design concepts for new and existing apparel collections.
- To learn how ideas and concepts are being communicated in regards to silhouettes, proportions, and details. And how this product connects to our different consumer groups and communities.
- To be part of fittings and support the development process.
- To develop crucial cross functional partnerships with Product Development, Material Development and Product Management.
- To share insights and findings about newness in the world of sports, fashion and product design.
- To show a keen interest in fashion, arts, architecture, music.
- You are currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a Bachelor's or Master's program in apparel design, fashion design, or a related field.
- You have a strong portfolio that showcases your skills and potential.
- You have a strong interest in fashion.
- You are proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. Experience in pattern cutting, garment manufacturing and material performance is a plus.
- You have a strong interest in trend and consumer research, the ability to edit, and communicate these findings through mood boards.
- Your strong organizational skills and ability to manage complex projects allow you to stick to critical timelines and deadlines
- You have an entrepreneurial attitude, ambition to learn and broaden your horizon, and you are willing to take on challenges
- You have an explorative mind, excellent communication, and presentation skills
- You are fluent in English both written and spoken
Meet The Team
You will be part of the highly creative Apparel Design Team based in Zurich. In close collaboration with Innovation and Product Creation, the team is responsible for the conception and development of all apparel collections. The team is structured into verticals, each specialized to cater to the unique needs of different communities. By leveraging their respective areas of expertise, the team is able to ensure that all products meet the highest standards of quality and design.
Apparel Design is embedded in the global Design Studio, which is responsible for all of On's disruptive product designs. It includes apparel design, accessories design, design direction, footwear design, and innovation design. The designers all closely collaborate with developers, product managers and innovation.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.