- Permanent, Direct Hire Position
- On site position, team collaborates daily
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit package included
- Outstanding opportunity to grow one's career with a rapidly expanding organization
The Apparel Designer is involved in all aspects of design and development of our client's eco-made lifestyle apparel. The designer will combine trends, market research, fabric innovations, creativity, and unique detailing to create products that match our mission and standards. This role is fast-paced and multi-faceted - including the full gamut of the product development calendar: concepts, designs, fabric selection, PLM maintenance, fit/quality standardization, and product launches. You're eager to learn, will help in any way, have an eye for fashion, and are passionate about building an inspiring, sustainably sourced product line.
- Research market trends, competitive offerings, and sustainable sourcing methods.
- Work with team to outline the full product line assortment and brand initiatives.
- Develop innovative concepts and designs that reflect design standards and business objectives.
- Continually seek/source new fabrics, trims, and technology.
- Assist with creating and updating the PLM with product details.
- Manage all product development timelines with a crazy level of organization and attention to detail.
- Effectively communicate (externally and internally) through all phases of development.
- Lead or assist with every aspect of the development process including lab dips, fittings, and other submits.
- Be the sustainable sourcing subject matter expert.
- Enforce branding guidelines for apparel.
- Support design team with seasonal product presentations - internally and externally.
- Work with Marketing Team in the development of marketing materials that best showcase the products.
- Act as cross-departmental liaison, creating a consistent flow of communication throughout the organization.
- Additional duties as required.
- College degree in apparel design or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years of experience in men's/women's apparel design
- Full understanding of both creative and technical design
- Experience designing full collections and complete product cycles from concept to finish
- Strong understanding of lifestyle, outdoor-inspired apparel trends
- Material and textile construction and product knowledge
- Fit experience and understanding
- Experience and ability to successfully communicate with overseas factories
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advance software knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, PLM software and Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience driving all development calendar milestones and meeting deadlines
- Creative eye, ability to design outside the box, solution mindset