RELYK: noun [ 'rel-ik ] Descendant of a different breed
Every rider will tell you that being on their board is not simply a sport but an art, a freedom of expression. We don’t want you to lose your self expression when it’s time to dress it up so we made our casual daily drivers into a luxury ride.
"WE VALUE QUALITY, STYLE & THE RIDE"
RELYK clothing is a LUXURY streetwear brand centered in the world of action sports. RELYK has a west coast inspired look paying homage to our southern
California roots, we take inspiration from the surf, skate & snow industries we grew up on with quality as priority number ONE. Our focus beyond the clothing
is to support action sports athletes in creating & putting out next-level films & media.
As the Apparel Designer you will help drive apparel design via ownership over our complete design process. Working in a highly collaborative and creative environment, you will have a heavy focus on cut and sew, to include conceptual direction, trends, fabrications, styling, trims, technical renderings/spec sheets while adhering to our design/development calendar & overall aesthetic. You will design and develop styles from initial concepts through pre-production to achieve accurate delivery while establishing superior fits and construction. You will oversee and work coherently with Merchandising and Development to manage the product timeline and general business entities. In this position, you will effectively show clear design direction with a strong point of view to both peers and upper management while working alongside & reporting to the brand's Creative Director. You will be joining a startup brand from the ground floor with the opportunity to really make your mark on the brand.
- Responsible for market research, creating seasonal inspiration boards, designs, tech pack creation, and fit.
- Demonstrates visionary ability to keep the brand moving forward.
- Manage all design details from rough sketches to completion of tech packs.
- Determine material selection, color details, and styling details.
- Responsible for knowledge of cost components and ability to design products that hit margin targets.
- Create computer design; sketches, graphics, print artwork, multiple colorways and storyboards. Create visual presentations and follow up with all design details.
- Lead presentation of designs at line reviews and product launches.
- Oversee the fitting of garments and review product details to ensure product execution meets the design aesthetic as well as commercially acceptable quality standards. Review details on prototypes with developer and merchandiser.
- Share responsibility with development and merchandiser for final product result.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skills through cooperating with cross -functional team members and remain focused.
- Adhere to all calendar dates.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 3+ years
Educational Position Requirements:
A formal education and subsequent undergraduate/graduate degrees are nice to have, but we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements.
What we expect you already know:
- Excellent sense of style, color & fabrics
- Sampling process Cut & Sew
- Thorough knowledge of the global lifestyle/action sports market Possess strong presentation, listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask managing design work with business requests In-depth knowledge of design techniques and processes
- Complete comprehension in Apparel manufacturing process — design, development, fit and production
- Capable of contributing to the design process with the team and partnering with product development
- Follows through with all tasks, assignments to meet product development calendar
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies, procedures and other business practices, guidelines and documents
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Suite Experience in 3D is a plus