Apparel Designer, A&F (Women's Denim)
Our Design team is the driving force behind our brand’s commitment to beautiful, authentic designs and quality materials and construction. Designers manage the full design and development process; from concept to flat sketch, from initial sample to final garment. We value originality and creativity and seek to be leaders in the market, not followers. Our designers are fueled by curiosity, inspiring the total team to push the product to new levels. We’ve created a unique environment that fosters both ownership and collaboration across design teams working toward the cohesive vision of our brands.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Driving the daily design process including: trend research and mood board creation, sketching in Illustrator, fabric and trim selection and development, fitting and approving final garments.
- Managing multiple seasons and product life cycles for your given categories.
- Researching the global market to ensure that the product is in tune with emerging trends and relevant to our customer and brand voice.
- Clearly presenting the line to senior leadership, providing insight on style and fit and getting the team on board with ideas and trends.
- Traveling domestically to research trends and find inspiration, bring them back to the office and assort into your line.
- Leading, managing and coaching a small team of designers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or Creative Field or related experience.
- 3+ years of hands-on apparel design experience.
- Experience and a strong understanding of denim design, washes, techniques, and production.
- Mastery of design programs including PLM and Adobe Suite. CLO3D is also a benefit.
- Desire to own the full design process with autonomy.
- Willingness to really dig into what’s happening globally in the market to find what’s new & next.
- An acute eye for style and color and thorough knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication and construction.
- A fearless attitude – don’t be afraid to take a risk!
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced, structured environment.
- A collaborative approach to working with cross-functional partners to achieve the vision of the brand.
- Desire to learn & hunger for more!
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) is a global retailer of five iconic, omnichannel lifestyle brands catering to the kid through millennial customer: Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, Gilly Hicks and Social Tourist. At A&F Co., we’re here for our associates, customers and communities on the journey to being and becoming who they are – and because no journey is the same, we strive to create an inclusive culture, where everyone is free to share ideas.
Our Values We lead with purpose and always put our people first, which is evidenced by our Great Place to Work™ Certification, as well as being a 2021 recipient of Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Retail, and named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign for 16 consecutive years. We’re proud to offer equitable compensation and benefits, including flexibility and competitive Paid Time Off, as well as education and engagement events, including various Associate Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and additional time off to give back to our global communities.
What You'll GetAs an Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F Co.) associate, you’ll be eligible to participate in a variety of benefit programs designed to fit you and your lifestyle. A&F is committed to providing simple, competitive, and comprehensive benefits that align with our Company’s culture and values, but most importantly – with you! We also provide competitive incentives to reward the commitment our associates have for moving our global business forward:
- Incentive bonus program
- 401(K) savings plan with company match
- Annual companywide review process
- Flexible spending accounts
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Associate assistance program
- Paid parental and adoption leave
- Access to fertility and adoption benefits through Carrot
- Access to mental health and wellness app, Headspace
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Mobile Stipend
- Paid time off & one paid volunteer day per year, allowing you to give back to your community
- Work from anywhere (Mondays and Fridays are “work from anywhere” days for most roles & six work from anywhere weeks per year)
- Seven associate wellness half days per year
- Onsite fitness center
- Merchandise discount on all of our brands
- Opportunities for career advancement, we believe in promoting from within
- Access to multiple Associate Resource Groups
- Global team of people who will celebrate you for being YOU!
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER