DESIGNER - APPAREL
Z SUPPLY is an established California lifestyle brand that is leading the space for casual, comfortable style. Located in the heart of Orange County, we are passionate about staying true to our roots and living a life of good vibes in and out of the office.
We are looking for an experienced and extremally talented Designer to join our design team. This position will be responsible for designing seasonal collections for our women’s apparel brand. You will be working alongside our CMO, Design Director, Designers, and Tech Designers. You will also be responsible for meeting the specific quality, pricing, and aesthetic goals of the brand.
We invite you to take a peek at our website to get a feel for who we are, what we design, our overall aesthetic and our comfy cool vibe. www.zsupplyclothing.com
- Full Time / Salary Exempt
- Reporting to Design Director
- Position Location – Headquarters, Costa Mesa, CA
- Hybrid In Office 2-3 Days / Partial Remote
- Not accepting applicants unable to work at Headquarters
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Ability to recognize and accurately forecast fashion and cultural trends.
● Ability to translate aspirational ideas and focus on the key details in order to make them work for a broader audience.
● Collaborate with the design and buying teams to review emerging trends.
● Ability to articulate ideas by using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop for sketching, CAD’ing, development worksheets and presentations.
● Develop, design and track seasonal collections.
● Ability to identify fabrics within budget guidelines to develop into products.
● Extensive knowledge of trim components and construction of garments within development and production timelines.
● Other duties assigned by the Chief Merchandising Officer to support the needs of the department.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
● Bachelor’s Design in Fashion, Design or a related field.
● 5-7 years of experience in women's apparel industry (extensive apparel experience a must!)
● Strong understanding of fashion trends and women’s contemporary fashion.
● Expert level knowledge of fabric, fit, and trims as well as strong relationships with resources.
● Ability to develop partnership with factories, buyers, sales team, directors and department heads.
● Must be extremely creative, able to think outside the box.
● Well versed in Illustrator and Photoshop
● Efficient in PLM.
● Able to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
● Excellent organizational skills.
Z SUPPLY PERKS
At Z SUPPLY, departments work cross-functionally enabling everyone to further their knowledge and expertise in an inclusive, supportive environment that is committed to healthy work/life balance, peer mentorship, and community outreach. In addition to a collaborative and supportive culture, here are a few additional perks that are enjoyed by the Z SUPPLY team:
- Teams work a hybrid partial remote / partial in office schedule
- Half-Day Fridays year-round
- New chic and modern offices located near top restaurants and shopping
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- 401K with year-end company donation
Want to join our growing team?
Apply today! Please send through a resume, examples of your work, and a brief description about yourself. We hope we get the chance to work with you!