Apparel Designer and Product Developer
LULA APPAREL, Inc. is an international apparel distribution and licensing company that has provided U.S. streetwear, lifestyle and action-sports brands Asia Pacific markets since 2001. We are looking for a creative, in-house apparel product developer to join our team. Working directly with the President and Creative Director, this person is responsible for product development of the licensed apparel brands from start-to-finish of the collections. ++ Please include samples of your work or a portfolio with your application ++ All incoming staff must be vaccinated for Covid-19 before their hire date ++ All new staff must consent to a background check before their hire dateJob Requirements
What You Must Have
- Highly proficient in Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop.
- College degree in design or related field (or an equivalent amount of on-the-job experience).
- 3+ years of product development experience in a company environment for individual and/or licensed brands.
- Must have tech pack creation experience.
- Knowledgeable in pop culture and current fashion trends.
- Knowledge of garment or accessories construction, fabrics and costing.
- Understanding of fit, pattern making and grading.
- Deep knowledge of material costs, components.
- Manage multiple projects from concept through completion.
- Exceptional time-management skills, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, detail-oriented.
- Proactive and results-oriented attitude.
- Must be a team-player and able to work well independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, open-minded and flexible as needs change. Your Role
- Coordinate and execute product development activities with internal team and oversea vendors.
- Research trends and provide new product ideas and concepts to supervisor.
- Create mockups, tech packs, line sheets and catalogs.
- Maintain and update data records such as BOM, POM, purchase orders, shipment documents and royalty reports.
- Create and maintain a WIP or T&A Production Management Reports for the team to track progress and to enhance efficiency.
- Assist with submitting concept and sample approvals to licensors.
- Conduct cost analyses and pricing negotiations to ensure product pricing is competitive and maximizes profits at all stages of development to achieve revenue and profitability goals.
- Track and follow up samples, reviewing samples, sending comments and updating systems.
- Work with domestic and overseas suppliers on all aspects of current and upcoming productions to ensure quality, accuracy and timelines of all products.
- Potential occasional travel to manufacturing locations.
Paid Time Off (PTO days) 9 days after 2 years, 12 after three years, 14 after 5 years, 16 after 10+ years, 9 paid holidays, 401k after 1 yr w/3% match, merch discounts, snacks/bevs, and more.Salary Range
$50000.00-60000.00 per Year