As a Designer, you will be responsible for creating designs from concept all the way through to finished product, that align with the company’s business objectives and meet all critical dates, product specifications and profitability goals. You will develop and embrace an understanding of our “Customer First” culture by immersing yourself and your designs into our brand and products. You will be instrumental in translating new market trends into compelling, trend-forward, innovative and saleable products.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Identify, design and create innovative and on-trend concepts.
- Support the design/development of new product formats to continually evolve our product categories forward.
- Translate your ideas using CAD and/or hand sketches (to start.)
- Prepare product spec and mechanical files for sourcing and/or production that meet design and costing objectives.
- Assist in creating professional presentation materials for meetings.
- Research emerging trends via our subscribed trend services, trade shows, retail market research, social media, fashion etc…
- Collaborate with your Creative Team, Director and Cross-Functional Partners to gain an understanding of sales performance, manufacturing capabilities and costing.
- Organize and prioritize work while balancing short term and long-term goals and deliverables.
- Adhere to a design schedule that ensures all programs & projects run smoothly and on-time according to the various development calendars.
- Effectively interpret licensed assets, character style guides and work within the guidelines of the licensed brand while aligning to the company’s goals & objectives.
- The Designer will bring the program vision to life by effectively communicating creative strategy.
- Anticipate project challenges and provide practical solutions to their Director, teammates and cross-functional partners.
- Highly skilled in illustration and graphic design and able to work in a variety of styles/looks.
- Highly skilled in the technical setup and preparation of design files for production.
- Sound understanding of printing and manufacturing specifications with the ability to create production-ready files.
- Able to pivot and make quick decisions based on changing needs in a fast-paced environment with ambitious schedules and deadlines.
- Proactive and self-motivated, with a high level of organizational skills.
- Able to take direction, follow through and meet deadlines independently.
- Stays abreast of new and emerging technologies within the design field.
- Demonstrates accuracy and an attention to detail.
A successful Designer thinks creatively to develop the best design solutions possible for each product. He/she must be able to evaluate the performance of existing products, and then apply that information creatively to design/develop new products. He/she must independently balance workloads and juggle priorities to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Needs to have a strong understanding of the product design and creation lifecycle.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly present ideas and designs to both internal and cross-functional teams.
- Creates and fosters interdepartmental relationships.
- Receptive and open to change and new ideas. Must be flexible, adaptable, innovative and open in response to competitive pressure and market change.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in consumer products design, fashion design or in a field with related skill sets.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint.
- Experience with 3D Design Software is a plus.