Our client is seeking anApparel Designerfor their Corporate Office in Brentwood (Nashville), TN. This is position is in-office, not remote. This position will have responsibilities and influence in apparel and accessory lines, and will work closely with buyers, factories, vendors as well as other teams.
Skills and Experience Needed:
- Able to design a cohesive line based on the company's strategies, as well as the ability to understand fabrics, findings, materials and construction.
- Capable of designing plaids, prints and out of the box designs to bring innovative features to the line.
- Able to contribute business and trend strategy ideas in Product Development meetings with the Buying Team for upcoming seasons based on program plans and unit projections (primarily Fall and Spring seasons).
- Possess experience in competitive shopping/analyzing/researching to gain awareness and staying abreast of market trends.
- Accomplish communication with Overseas and Domestic factories regarding sourcing, development, fit & finish, quality, samples and price negotiation.
- Capable of maintaining and managing information related to samples, sales, trends, analysis, production, design, technical quality control, customs, factory communication/evaluation, etc.
- University Degree
- Excel / Office Power User
- Strong understanding, experience and skills in apparel design process, start to finish.
- Experience and understanding of QA/QC process.
- Strong skills in analyses, presentation, communication, data gathering and reporting, as well as the ability to priortize and work both independtly and with a team.
- Some international travel required.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume.