As a Designer you are a creative force behind bringing the products to life that Chubbies is known for and help to fuel our fast-growing business.
You are responsible for articulating the look of the Chubbies brand throughout our product assortment. You will be able to make our apparel irresistible to our customers while also conveying the fun, light-hearted, positive, weekend-centric ethos and aesthetic we've been working on since 2011.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Senior Design by creating a seasonal point of view for product strategy
- Develop seasonal styles, fabrications, and trim details
- Contribute to the creation of inspirational design presentation boards for milestone meetings
- Work proactively with sourcing team to identify new fabrication and construction opportunities
- Partner with Product Development team to ensure clear communication of design intent
- Create production sketches for technical packages
- Review products for style and fit during sampling process
- Communicate edits and changes to art across the cross functional team
- Maintain accurate and organized records of all design materials
- Attend weekly cross-functional meetings
- Bachelor of Science or Art in a related field (Clothing, Graphic Design, Textiles)
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Google office software
- Experience in menswear with a relevant portfolio
- Experience in swimwear and/or performance sportswear
- Creative outside the box approach to problem solving
- Strength in communication both cross functionally and with international factories
- Minimum of 4 years experience in apparel
- Willingness to travel
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited PTO for most corporate roles, accrued for others
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees
- 401(k) with 3% match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Flexible spending account
- Generous employee discount
- Priceless opportunity to work with the coolest team ever!
At Chubbies, we don’t believe in just celebrating the weekend, we celebrate different voices, perspectives, and backgrounds. We stand against discrimination based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities. It is our commitment to creating an inclusive environment for all employees while we chase that Friday at Five feeling.
Even if you don't qualify or have specific experience in every facet of this role this job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described. We encourage you to apply for any role you're personally interested in & excited to drive positive change at Chubbies!
Chubbies participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program here.