NYON (New York or Nowhere) is looking for an apparel designer to join our growing team. This position is full-time, in-house, and reports directly to our CEO. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, with original creative abilities, strong verbal and written communication skills, and 3-5 years of experience in apparel design or a related field. A background working for fashion lifestyle brands is a plus but not required.
You must submit a portfolio and/or a link to your portfolio. Applications without this will not be considered.
• Support our creative director with the entire product lifecycle -- from ideation and design to sampling and bulk production. This role requires the ability to design unisex, women's, and kids apparel and accessories.
• Create tech-packs and BOMs with detailed specifications, including CAD illustrations and mockups, graphic sizes and placements, decorations and print techniques, color swatches, trim designs and placements, and more.
• Manage manufacturer relationships to ensure our products are designed to our specifications and timelines.
• Use knowledge of art, fashion, and design to craft work that feels recognizable yet innovative in order to set trends instead of follow them.
• Design and explore new fabric and graphic applications to compliment seasonal and collection narratives.
• Assist in creating mood boards pertaining to color stories, trim design, graphic design, type design, and fashion design.
• Adhere to timelines in order to meet deadlines while producing accurate, excellent, and high-quality work.
Who You Are
• Minimum BA in fashion/apparel design or related field
• 3+ years of relevant work experience
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design)
• Advanced understanding of fabric, fit, construction, and graphic composition
• Skilled at creating original and compelling designs
• Strong graphic design skills a bonus
• Comfortable working with PLMs (Backbone, etc)
• Experience with file management and organization (Dropbox, Google Drive)
• Strong attention to detail and general knowledge of fashion design, graphic design, and marketing trends
• Ability to effectively project manage deliverables and resources
• Ability to work quickly, both independently and collaboratively, in a fast-paced environment
• Based in NYC and willing to work full-time at our office in SoHo