Job Title:Apparel Designer
Compensation:Project Based / Commensurate with experience
Manager / Leader: Led by Product Teams
Full Time / Part Time / Seasonal:Part Time / Project based
We’re looking for a passionate, talented apparel designer to join our design team and play an integral part in bringing Levitate’s signature cut and sew lines to life each season from conceptualization all the way through production. As Levitate’s apparel designer, you’ll use your passion for design, your eye for detail and trends, and a fundamental understanding and interest in Levitate’s visual language to turn line concepts into linesheets and linesheets into tech packs to be sent to our suppliers.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Work collaboratively with the design team to conceptualize line concepts for summer and winter collections.
- Assist in editing and updating Cut & Sew worksheet that ultimately informs all linesheets
Line Sheet Layouts
- Use Cut & Sew worksheet to Layout blank line sheets in an organized, easily comprehensible fashion
- Ensure all linesheets are kept up to date on a weekly basis
- Flood CADS once print selects have been made
Tech Packs / CAD Development
- Develop new garment flat sketches/ CADs
- Create all tech packs that correspond/link to the cut & sew worksheet
- Continually update all TP's as swatches, etc. are approved
- Organize all CAD artwork in dropbox
Print Development and Sourcing
- Using a keen eye for design create captivating, original plaid artwork
- Source, develop,and recolor print artwork to keep things fresh
- Adequately prepare print artwork for mills
- Flood linesheet with plaid and print selects
- Organize all plaid/print artwork in dropbox
- Manage/Approve all lab dips and strike offs
Trim Development - Labels, Hang tags, Packaging
- Develop trim packages for each garment for approval
- Select trims for each garment and update details in TP's
- Design artwork for labels/ HT's/ Packaging for approval
- Manage and Approve all trim samples from our supplier.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite - (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Proficiency in CAD/ Garment Flat drawing & development
- Google Suite and Dropbox organizational skills
- 2+ years of apparel design experience required
- Fine art/ Design background
- Ability to work within a team and collaborate on brand development
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent color and design sense
- Intuition and critical thinking
- Sense of urgency, ability to meet deadlines
- An understanding, belief in, and participation in Levitate’s mission - improving communities by creating access to music, arts and the outdoors
- “Can Do Attitude”: having an optimistic and “can do” approach to problem solving and challenges.
- Interest In People: Interest in engaging with others and caring for the wellbeing and happiness of other people: customers, coworkers, business partners, and friends in all ways.
- Work Ethic: must be a self starter and a believer of New England’s value of old fashioned hard work.
- Desire To Learn: inquisitive and always eager to learn.
- Desire To Teach: always willing to share your perspectives and knowledge in pursuit of a more whole community.
- Self Confidence and Self Awareness: must have a balance of confidence and awareness in yourself and others.