Apparel Designer for sportswear - August 2022
For one of our clients we are looking for anApparel Designer for sportswear
- Color design concepts for the Olympic federation ranges to be put on women's and men's apparel. Getting an outside perspective on commercial sportswear.
- The client needs external special Expertise that is not available internally: Full understanding of the design process in Apparel. Up–to-date knowledge of sportswear consumer trends
- Independent creation of Color/ graphic concepts for Olympic federations, to be put on women's and men's apparel as placed print or all over print. All designs have to be supplied in Illustrator. The client will double check the designed concepts for further use.
- Creation of a color logic per style to allow for the creation of several color rotations per style.
- 2 -3 Color proposals per federation based on the Olympics strategy document and color palettes. The proposals are to be shared with the x-functional product team consisting of design, marketing, development.
- Independent creation of tech packs (100 – 200) to communicate the chosen designs to development and T1 suppliers. Tech packs include: Sketch of the style, color details, material details, 1to1 scale artwork, graded artwork on apparel patterns, color iterations per brief, repeats for all over prints (AOP´s), exact placement for placed prints. The graphic design will be chosen by the x-functional team (s.a.)
- Adjusting tech packs according to development and T1 input, i.e., answering questions from factory, side check the apparel/ artwork can be produced, re-working the apparel / artwork to reflect costing issues, re-coloring the artwork in case of color achievability issues. The adjusted tech packs will be double checked by the the client SMSU development team
- Execute and implement the required design changes per project, from SMSU Design director or Development comments.
- Tech packs with Illustrator handed over to development in a Microsoft Teams handover session according to SMSU Olympics handover deadlines. Adjusted tech packs are technically correct, feasible within the costing frame.
Duration:Till end of 2022