Apparel Designer- IN OFFICE POSITION
Children's and layette designer
Maniere is the freshest apparel and accessory brand on the block. In simple terms, we develop, design, manufacture apparel and accessories to corporate retailers across the world. By running our business under the values of positive people and purpose, our simple aim is to make doing business with us effortless and intensely satisfying.
Whats it like working at Maniere?
Inspiring, fun, colorful, creative and out of the ordinary! We're always working with artistic elements, sparks of imagination, searching and developing based on fashion-forward trends. We're all about presenting new ways of seeing and experiencing fashion.
We're a relatively new company that is growing rapidly. We are looking for amazing, good and energetic team members to join our movement. At Maniere, we understand that it is not about a job description anymore, rather about people enjoying the work they're doing with the people and the environment they're in. We strive to create a positive and inspiring culture that values strong work ethic and respects diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to shape a work environment which encourages partners to engage with one another and make Maniere a place they look forward to working at each day.
Freehold, NJ- THIS IS AN IN OFFICE POSITION
We design, manufacture and distribute baby, girls and boys clothing and layette. We are seeking a highly motivated and committed candidate that will bring design talent to the our children's and baby clothing line as well as our accessories category. A strong team environment and a can-do attitude that creates the fun competitive spirit we bring to the industry.
Work on Preparing Design Collections to coordinate with the Trend Categories. Design from scratch, and curate Prints using online resources.
Provide ongoing array of relevant design options, researching, and recommending designs.
Create detailed Tech Packs. Follow up with factories on sizing, specs, and color approvals.
- Responsible for concept, design, presentation boards, line sheets
- Selects colors, fabrics, trims, body styles, graphic applications
- Sketches style specifics & details, following a sku plan & Time and action calendar
- Create tech packs for factory and communicate with them for production and samples.
Must be familiar with the trends, high taste level, contemporary - department store and off price.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Ability to design cads and work with Creative Director on seasonal collections.
- Knowledge of garment construction and fabric fittings A+
- Create sampling and production tech packs.
- Create detailed flat sketches for buyer presentations, cads and tech packs.
- Work closely with Creative Director and with cross functioning teams for concept.