Apparel Designer, Menswear (Mizzen +Main)
Founded in 2012 with the belief that there is a better way, Mizzen+Main is a premium men’s brand with product rooted in performance fabrics and tailored silhouettes. Mizzen+Main is a multi-channel brand, comprised of our Ecommerce site, Retail Stores, and Wholesale Partners across the US, with our headquarters in Dallas, Texas. Our Values are simple and guide everything we do: We are people first, We think big, We have commitments, We act as owners and We never settle.
This role presents a tremendous opportunity for growth within the Mizzen+Main organization for those dedicated to building the next great Menswear brand.
As theDesigner, you will lead all design functions for the Brand from research and conception to formally approved handoffs to PD and Tech Design. You will be responsible for understanding market, design, color, and style trends and how those trends can be applied to products in a way that creates excitement and exceeds the expectations of our customers – both within existing categories and new ones. Most importantly, however, you will be part of a highly motivated, values-driven organization that is committed to creating a better way for our customers and the best damn place to work for each other.
- Design research. Stay abreast of market trends, color direction, new innovations, and emerging customer needs. Interpret these trends into the Brand aesthetic and bring them through your designs in both new and existing categories.
- Design strategy. Maintain a clear understanding of the Brand and the customer and find ways to push the Brand and design forward in fun and unique ways.
- Sketching/ designing seasonal lines. Develop seasonal trend boards that display color direction, inspiration, and fashion trends. Be able to effectively communicate these trends and apply them into a cohesive set of designs across all categories that support the Brand’s stories for the season.
- Sketching/ designing new concepts. Through your research and understanding of the Brand, sketch new concepts that can broaden the assortment and deepen our relationship with our customers.
- Create documentation needed to effectively communicate and align the organization on your areas of responsibility above.
- Bachelor’s degree required, strong preference in apparel design, textiles, or fashion
- 5-7 years of professional working experience in design, menswear highly preferred. Experienced in designing woven and knit tops, bottoms, and Outerwear.
- Able to be embrace and showcase the Brand’s culture and values on a daily basis
- Understand company margin goals and have the ability to be aware of how your designs and design details affect garment costing
- Ability to create artwork for CADs and print strike offs is a plus
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced setting
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop required, InDesign a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Word, and Excel)
- Professional verbal and written communication skills