Apparel designer needed to create graphic designs and tech packs for a new apparel concept
We are looking for an experienced apparel designer to help us translate our vision for a new knitwear apparel concept into production-ready deliverables for our manufacturing partner.
Specifically, we will be creating a premium t-shirt and hooded sweatshirt to test against our target audience. The overall design language will be minimal with touches of sophisticated humor to juxtapose the serious quality of our items.
The primary objective of this project is to emerge with a set of assets that will help our product a sample run of garments that will enable us to test if our target audience responds to our concept. As such, we want to prioritize focus and move speedily.
Some important details about the project and deliverables:
- Our target audience is primarily folks who work in technical roles such as software engineers, UI/UX designers, product managers, and others.
- We will need to select a modern sans serif font to use. We have done some mood boarding here but will need to select one for use.
- We will need to illustrate a mark of a rubber duck. This symbol is relevant to our target audience and carries a specific meaning. We have some references and will need somebody to create a custom version for us.
- The final deliverables will need to include tech packs to deliver to a sample production partner we have here in the US. We will need tech packs for the t-shirt and the hooded sweatshirt each. In addition, we'll need all files used to create any graphics and other details to apply to the garments such as word marks, brand marks, etc.
- Deep understanding of garment design, pattern-making, and how knitwear is produced
- Ability to produce tech packs for garment production
- Ability to illustrate
- A modern design sensibility with the ability to execute minimalist and essentialist design styles
- Ability to translate creative direction into visual concepts
- Candidates must be able to speak and understand English with a deep understanding of US culture, slang, and other cultural nuances
Must have a portfolio of past works that demonstrate the skills required in order to be considered for the opportunity.