Apparel Designer - Womens
Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Optimizing these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as a global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings for fans across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today's 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Collectibles, through Topps as a cornerstone of the business, building a new model for the collectibles and trading cards hobby with top leagues and players association partners; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Fanatics' partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 9,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we're a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
Create conceptual design sketches which convey body, styling, fit intent, fabrics, trims and colors. Execute the design and development of product based on creative direction, product brief and line plan. Work closely with Apparel Design manager and team to create consistent story-telling across leagues and brands. Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Graphic Design, Product Development, Sourcing and Merchandising on complete product strategy to meet financial targets.
- Support and have some oversight of the design and development of seasonal, replenishment and special event lines
- Consumer-focused mindset with an understanding of needs and ability to translate into product design
- Will be an integral partner with Merchandising, Sourcing and Product Development teams to create a smooth transition between initial concepts and final products
- Work closely with development team to ensure design intent is carried through to final product
- Responsible for balancing brand identity rules with creative opportunities in order to elevate the league brands as well as Fanatics Brands through visual storytelling
- Strong knowledge of trends, consumer insights, new opportunities, and competition
- Provide unique insight into relevant market trends with a point of view on commercial viability of styles with a consumer-focused mindset
- Bachelor's Degree in Apparel Design, Graphic Design, Merchandising, or related field with 2-4 years professional experience; 4+ years of professional experience in Accessories/Headwear Design is acceptable without a degree. Portfolio of previous work required.
- Strong skill set and knowledge of apparel design, fabrics, trims, garment styling and construction techniques
- Intermediate knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign with an awareness of the latest creative software programs, techniques, and applications
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and project management systems
- Strong written and verbal communication both internally and externally
- Must be results focused and highly detail oriented
- Ability to create and execute in a deadline oriented environment
- Demonstrate a professional and positive attitude with internal and external clients with an openness to new ideas and differing opinions
- Must have strong organization skills or order to troubleshoot and manage multiple projects
- Familiarity with U.S. Sports and Licensed properties with a passion for great product and design
- Portfolio of work required. Please submit with application.
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don't fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Fanatics recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @fanatics.com or @fanatics.co.uk email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics' fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS
: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you ("Personal Information"). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.