Product excellence and innovation is at the heart of our success. Achieving a leadership position in the marketplace requires innovative thinking and the ability to inspire all product creation shareholders. The apparel developer will be responsible for driving this creation and being a crucial part of the development to bring real high performance products to life. With a process and detail oriented mind coupled with a passion for innovation this position will be part of the creation of tomorrow's effortless performance apparel.
- Build and release a collection that pushes the boundaries of our apparel and innovation responding to the needs of ON runners fusing the unrivaled function with timeless design.
- Oversee every aspect of product development bringing great value to products throughout the brand's mission, design and quality.
- Develop products and construction techniques that meet design expectations and meet or exceed predetermined cost and functionality requirements.
- Work with design to produce Tech Packs for seasonal assortments to assure that quality expectations are understood by suppliers.
- Establish and realise technical performance testing standards to be applied to all running products.
- Implement and supervise all details of tech pack development including technical artwork, material and component specifications, color application through utilisation of Adobe Illustrator and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems.
- Organise and lead fitting sessions to a high standard and assure clear and timely communication with factories on changes.
- Partner with the Material Manager to recommend materials and source new fabrications to develop innovative and technically superior products each season.
- Liaise with Development Lead and Product Manager to identify product needs, align with product delivery schedules and product sales performance.
- Build a strong relationship with key business partners; material and trim suppliers and garment manufacturers.
- Lead and own the development process of special projects (i.e. Athletes, seasonal drops) to assure both the technical superiority and the product quality/integrity of all products.
- Bachelor's degree or above in fashion design or technical education in garment manufacturing
- Minimum 6+ years experience in Apparel development with focus on performance running products
- Affinity for contemporary Apparel and knowing to read and translate On's design vision and product strategy
- Solid level of technical skills, including pattern cutting, garment manufacturing, garment testing and materials
- Organised and hands-on working attitude with a flexible and open mind for visionary solutions
- International experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and a sense for the market
- Good experience in Adobe illustrator, photoshop & Microsoft Office & PLM
- Able to work at a fast pace and think and react quickly with the ever changing environment
- Able to travel on a regular basis between HQ and production and development partners
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English is a must
Meet The Team
We are an innovative, creative and science-driven team working closely to convert cutting-edge ideas into prototypes and exceptional performance products. High quality and performance are top of mind when creating our apparel collections. Our team combines the best experts in fields such as Development, Design and Innovation to create something extraordinary.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.