Apparel Print Designer
Job Description Details
Are you an Apparel Print Designer in the industry looking for a change? Are you looking for a place you can grow and lead while also working in an amazing team environment? QVC, the world's leading eCommerce retailer, owned by Qurate Retail Group is designing for both QVC and HSN apparel lines. This role is hybrid and will need to come into the office at least 1 day per week (5 days a month).
The Apparel Print Designer position is a learning and leading role. This position requires a committed individual with strong design skills, the ability to lead a brand and deliver the brand vision, collaborate with design and adhere to the design process. The primary responsibility is to create trend appropriate, original fabric and print designs that maintain the product aesthetic and strategy for all brands. The Print Designer is responsible for all aspects of designing printed, woven and embroidered textiles inclusive of the conception of ideas, execution of engraver ready art, and development of colorways. Responsible for overall project management and follow-up for each CAD created. Has the ability to work independently, accurately, and efficiently to meet very challenging deadlines. Establish, manage and ensure maintenance of current CAD standard procedures for file naming conventions, directory structure, archiving, color matching, AI/Spec connectivity, and on-line submission process to production partners. Manage appropriate storage and maintenance of CAD files in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system.
- Collaborate with Apparel Design Team and Merchants to ensure that brand appropriate and trend right artwork is created for the benefit of the brand.
- Possess the ability and willingness to verbally communicate creative ideas during key development meetings.
- Possess a strong level of artistic ability while designing prints, yarn-dye patterns, embroideries and embellishments for multiple brands.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of current and upcoming trends in the women's apparel market via shopping trips, studio visits and conferences.
- Adhere to the seasonal time and action calendars.
- Responsible for color and print comments, re-coloring existing prints for production while working with the design team and merchant team to ensure accuracy.
- Possess the ability to direct mills to color correct strike offs.
- Communicate as needed with overseas offices.
- Accurately create and maintain development package components in PLM System for both initial development and production.
What You Bring
- 3 to 5 years of Print Design experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Textile Design or Fine Arts or equivalent business experience.
- Excellent presentation, communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Ned Graphics Design and Repeat or similar textile design software and working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Strong design and conceptual skills as well as color/print sense.
- Proficiency in PC operations, MS Office, Excel, PLM.
- Career-driven, strong work ethic and high-performance standards; able to work in fast paced environment while seeking continual development and growth opportunities.
- Work portfolio is appreciated when submitting application when possible.
About QVC, Inc
QVC, Inc., exceeds the expectations of everyone we touch by delivering the joy of discovery through the power of relationships. Every day, in nine countries, QVC engages millions of shoppers in a journey of discovery through an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products, from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewelry. Along the way, we connect shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories, and award winning customer service. Based in West Chester, Pa. and founded in 1986, QVC has more than 17,000 employees and has retail operations in the U.S., Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, France, and through a joint venture in China. Worldwide, QVC engages shoppers on 14 broadcast networks reaching approximately 370 million homes, seven websites, and 220 social pages. Visit corporate.qvc.com to learn more.
QVC, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ : QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, "Qurate Retail Group"), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce,#3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.