Apparel Product Designer
A popular activewear company is looking for an experienced Product Designer to help drive the creativity, innovation, and design of their ever-expanding collection of apparel.
• Research trends and bring in new ideas to help drive brands creativity and innovation through
• Own and oversee the entire Product design process— from initial ideas through completion of
approved fit sample; develop and execute Product designs that achieve overall Product strategy
and merchandise objectives
• Sketch into all categories: activewear, seamless, cut/sew knits, sweats, outerwear, swim, sleep,
• Present and review new sketches with CEO, VP of Operations, and Production Manager
• Compile design development packages (including flat sketches) and distribute to Technical
Designer and overseas offices for sampling
• Create and update line sheets as a tool for cross-functional partners and factories
• Create and distribute tech packages for all new styles
• Work with Technical Designer on new styles to ensure vision gets properly executed
• Communicate daily with overseas vendors and answer any questions that they may have
regarding development samples
• Update Development WIP daily and manage all new sample development
• Review all new development samples and ensure they are correct and as requested, prototypes
and ready to present to leadership for approval.
• Attend all Fit Meetings with cross-functional partners; ensure samples look good, problem solve,
offer fit and style suggestions, and construction solutions
• 3+ year’s experience working in fashion design
• Knowledge of garment construction, pattern making, silhouettes, color ways, sewing
techniques, fabrication, and trim
• Experience with CADs, creating line sheets, and creating tech packages
• Strong understanding of how to translate inspiration and direction into brand new products
• Superior organizational skills, ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Able to work both autonomously and collaboratively
Please submit your resumefor consideration!
You can use WorkGrades to collect and manage your references for free and share them with us or anyone else you choose by visiting workgrades.com/home/candidate. Candidates with references are always preferred by our clients. Now is the most important time to stand out from the crowd. We suggest that you ensure you have updated your LinkedIn profile and that you start collecting your references early.